My new Logo! Yay!!

blwoods

I read it as "tense" "in" "obi" so it made me think "stressed where?" where's "Obi"?

I also saw "ten" "seinobi" but since I don't know what "seinobi" is I had no idea why 10 of them would be appealing.

The lettering looks choppy a bit, but maybe it's supposed to be that way. The colors are beautiful, and the overall appearance is elegant, so I think it's a good start!

It says Tenseinobi, which is the name of my company. The literal translation is Japanese for Natural Beauty. My main line is my B&B, I've only recently started working with wickless candles and still mastering wicking. Tenseinobi is also considered the goddess of birth and beauty.

Yeah, its a little different and does get some strange looks... but I'm going for a more upscale, spa look... so the obscure name seems to fit.

It says Tenseinobi, which is the name of my company. The literal translation is Japanese for Natural Beauty. My main line is my B&B, I've only recently started working with wickless candles and still mastering wicking. Tenseinobi is also considered the goddess of birth and beauty.

Yeah, its a little different and does get some strange looks... but I'm going for a more upscale, spa look... so the obscure name seems to fit.

could very well be a great niche! Are the letters offset on purpose though? They don't touch/connect entirely properly, so visually it's a little choppy to me. Words to me should be very crisp & clear, but that's just an opinion :)

Maybe you could incorporate the actual Japanese writing as well ~ that might be really neat.

could very well be a great niche! Are the letters offset on purpose though? They don't touch/connect entirely properly, so visually it's a little choppy to me. Words to me should be very crisp & clear, but that's just an opinion :)

Maybe you could incorporate the actual Japanese writing as well ~ that might be really neat.

I agree some Japanese calligraphy would look great in that logo with that Asian type floral design.....very classy indeed!:yay:

Can you ask the designer to fix the n's and the middle i, they aren't lined up correctly and looks a bit unprofessional if left that way. Its a flaw that is very easily corrected...I'm just surprised the designer gave it to you like that. Otherwise, the overall look is nice and it seems to fit the oriental theme you are after.

Thanks for clearing that up. It doesn't help me read it better though. That's just me, but I'd want someone to not struggle with the name. There isn't another font that you could use that's similar, but not really similar, although if it is Japanese, isn't there a font that somewhat represents the style of writing but not the characters? Dunno if that made sense, haven't had my wake up juice yet.

It's a very nice concept, but I think it just needs a little work and Japanese characters would be great on it too. Like a combination of old and new tradition.

The lettering was intentional. I know it does make things a bit harder to read, but I wanted something UNIQUELY mine....

I have a small shop where the lettering is more easily read, not to mention that once my website is up.. that will help with the name recognition as well.

My main concern with the logo was that it be something unique and beautiful... this particular logo will be for my candle and melts line. Will have another new logo done for my B&B.

Thanks for all the input! I appreciate seeing it from the eyes of others! :yay:

OK, I am 48 yrs old, have to wear reader glasses and work with numbers all day and I can't read this....I've been back to this label several times today...it just doesn't work....

If I have to write the letters on a piece of paper to get the name...it's just not worth it.... sorry

The name is unique and nice and I can appreciate where you are going with this....but the font has to be scaled down....easily readable and able to be pronounced by the common folk.....that's me....If I spend too much time on the name, I'm going to click away from your site.....and this is the name for your candle line...lord what's it going to be for your B&B line? or maybe that's vice versa?

And this is JMHO...

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Carrie

Hi! I have to agree with some of the others, I'm all for "uniquely mine" but I had a really hard time figuring it out...and I don't wear reading glasses yet...LOL I do think Japanese is a very beautiful language, I also think it would look nicer in asian/oriental script. It would still be uniquely yours but a bit easier to read.

Good Luck with it all!

I agree that you should make the font easier to read. No need to change the name - just the font.

If I (the customer) can't read your company name, how am I (the customer) suppose to remember it or the company? If I (the customer) don't remember, I (the customer) will not buy your products.