Pastel candles and more

Rins

These are the latest candles that I made. I cant seem to make a decent looking marble type candle because we dont have any liquid dyes here in the Philippines - believe me, I've called every candle store possible. The only one available is powdered. Has anybody tried doing it using powdered dye? Please help. Plus we only have 1 kind of wax here too - it comes from CHina and they sell it in blocks. There's beeswax but its quite expensive. Is beeswax a good scent thrower?

Also, does anybody know what icicles are? I bought some and when I melt them and put them in a jar - like the one colored baby blue, it turns white when it hardens. I dont see the icicles. Its nice because it doesn't leave a sink hole and it hardens fast!

Also, can anyone tell me how much vybar do you put for 1 pound of wax? Can vybar and stearic acid be combined? Last question: isn't vybar the additive that locks the scent in the candle? If not, what is it?

I truly would appreciate it if anyone can answer my questions since I'm just a newbie and my materials are limited because of my location.

Rins:)

post-1882-139458385377_thumb.jpg

post-1882-13945838538_thumb.jpg

post-1882-139458385384_thumb.jpg

I like your lastest color schemes better.

You might find the powder dye a little hard to work with. It can be difficult to dissolve completely. It's rather dusty so you're liable to end up breathing some or finding little colored dots on any slightly greasy surface around your work area. Basically it's the concentrated stuff that other dyes are made from.

No idea what those "icicles" might be.

Vybar is designed to be a stearic replacement and does similar things, so there's generally no need to use both. Vybar just works in smaller quantities, from .5% to 2%. I can never remember what the "spoon" approximations are, but I think something like 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon per lb. of wax would be about right.

The effect is to harden the wax and make it more opaque, plus increase the amount of fragrance it can hold. It will also get rid of any mottling.

I like these color schemes better also.

As for liquid dyes, you don't need them to make marbled candles. It's easier with liquid, but if you have something that you can melt chips into and a dropper of sorts, you can essentially get a liquid dye by melting the chips down and use a dropper to transport it a little more cleanly to the wax. You'll need to melt more than one dye chip at a time. I have an egg poacher that I use to melt down dye chips on a warm burner.