yankee sage and citrus dupe

ike

Well, I have been searching for almost two years and haven't found one that I like including the Scented Bean. I am playing with my own version which I am starting to like. I don't have it quite down, but Yankees Sage and Citrus has something in it that others don't. I am thinking it is Sandalwood. Anyway, every nose is different, but that is my all time most favorite scent. I have found a great dupe of Sunwashed Linen at the candlesource.

Well, I have been searching for almost two years and haven't found one that I like including the Scented Bean. I am playing with my own version which I am starting to like. I don't have it quite down, but Yankees Sage and Citrus has something in it that others don't. I am thinking it is Sandalwood. Anyway, every nose is different, but that is my all time most favorite scent. I have found a great dupe of Sunwashed Linen at the candlesource.

Hey Freezin!

Long time no see. :) I have a Yankee Sage & Citrus candle in my closet that I bought before I started to make candles, and when I smell it the only difference I detect is that it is not as strong -- a little softer than the Scented Bean. But, I feel like it is darn close because when I first smelled The Scented Bean's version I instantly thought, "that is what I am looking for" -- comparing it to Yankee's. I think that the Scented Bean has a better throw than Yankee. It could be because I double wick and Yankee candles never really had a really strong throw.

I will smell it again and see if I detect the Sandalwood. That kinda sounds like it would be a nice one to mix wth it anyway. Out of the other ones that I have smelled OOB nothing came as close as The Scented Bean.

How are your candles coming along? It sure has been a long haul for me. I will email you and catch up. A lot has happened (misfortunes) lately for me -- not candle related. But, all things considered, I am doing great! I hope all is well with you! :)

~Holly

HOLLY!!! LOL... okay got to re-smell my scented bean Sage and Citrus!

Sorry that you have been going through the misfortunes..darnit! It seemed like you were gone from the board for a long time. I am glad you been back now (I know you have been back for awhile) and I hope things are looking up : ) Looking forward to your email when you have time :yay:

My vote goes to WYW Sage and Citrus being the very best on the market! S&C is one of my favorite scents ( enough so that I continued to purchase a few Yankme products until I could find the right replacement to make )

I would HIGHLY suggest that you at least try a sample. I was getting it from Canada ( Wick You Wax )....now BCN distributes their oils in the USA. I loved WYW because they ship their quality oils in glass. Their oils cost more but for the "picky" consumer, are well worth it!