Lx400

Rae

I can't help you with your question as I have no knowledge of this printer at all. I clicked on this thread because I was really expecting either a question or some comment about a wick the size of a tugboat rope. :D

Does anyone use this printer for small votive and melt labels and get it to work? I am getting ready to sent this printer back.:confused:

Rae

You are not alone I have yet to get mine to work right I feel like I wasted my money and it was a lot of money to waste.

After getting mine and messing with over a year calling the company trying to get help and getting no where. I do not think they are worth the money.

If someone here can help you out great, there are a few on here that love theirs and make great labels I just could never get mine to work right.

Thanks, Miss Mary for the previous posts. I did many searches before I bought it. I have been wanting one for over a year and just finally bite the bullet and got one. The manager in the support dept. is going to try 2 sizes of my labels and see if he can get it to work. I talked to Adam twice and the first comment he made was, "oh, your labels are too small. This machine is designed for larger labels." I am sure the machine will go back this week, but will give this last guy a chance.

Southern Scents.....yes, it is a Primera. I would not recommend it to anyone unless maybe they are using a large label and no background color.

Vicky, Thanks and I am sorry you had so much trouble with yours. When I told my sales person in an email this morning that I wanted the machine picked up and a full refund, she was very nice and agreed to do so. After all this I look forward to going back to the sheets.

I have an primera 810 but I might can help anyone if they are similar. I love mine. I use printshop 22 for my labels and don't have any problems at all. The smallest label I make is 2 X 1 and they print fine. I didn't like their software that came with it and couldn't help with that but I might can help with printshop 22.

janis

I have an primera 810 but I might can help anyone if they are similar. I love mine. I use printshop 22 for my labels and don't have any problems at all. The smallest label I make is 2 X 1 and they print fine. I didn't like their software that came with it and couldn't help with that but I might can help with printshop 22.

janis

The labels I use are circles and that seems to be the problem. I did not want the LX800 because I don't do large labels. I thought paying $1600 was so much to begin with. That price included 4 rolls of labels. Do you do a color background on yours and are your circles? I have a MacBook Pro so they don't have software for that. I had Photoshop when I had a windows computer. I just ordered the Photoshop for mac online and will see if that helps. My labels are never consistent. If I print 10 I might get one close to being perfect with no white label showing. It also wastes a lot of blank labels. I can try to print 10 labels and it will take 20 by the time there are blanks all the way through. Any suggestions would be great. I think square labels work but not circles.

TIA :D

Rae

It may just be a lemon, I had a HP printer that never printed labels correctly, then after a year the darn thing went kerchunk and broke. I bought a new printer and it has printed everything perfect everytime.

I feel your pain.:sad2:

WOW! I have the 400 and I love it!! I print every size label known to man I think with no problems. I initially had problems but it was only because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I have run over 30,000 labels through mine and I have had it for a little over a year.

WOW! I have the 400 and I love it!! I print every size label known to man I think with no problems. I initially had problems but it was only because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I have run over 30,000 labels through mine and I have had it for a little over a year.

WOW! First positive thing on this printer. Can I ask you if you use the 1.38 and 1.75 round labels on the 400? The support guy gave me some things to do and it didn't work, so now he is saying it might be the printer. I want to keep it if there is any way the same labels with color backgrounds work. I am anxious to see if these labels and with color backgrounds work for you.

TIA

Rae

UPDATE........ Primera thinks I got a bad printer and is going to exchange it. Hopefully the next one will work. I asked them to take the 2 labels of mine that I sent them and print them on the new printer and leave the labels in it so I will know it really works.

:whoohoo: :whoohoo:

We use the Primera LX400 for Spoonfudge, Gluten-free mixes and cupcakes. No issues whatsoever.

We print from a Mac and hubby does all that. If someone needs assistance, let me know and I"ll see if we can help out. AT this point we've printed thousands w/out any issues :)

LOVE this thing! Best $1k I've spent at one time!

UPDATE........ Primera thinks I got a bad printer and is going to exchange it. Hopefully the next one will work. I asked them to take the 2 labels of mine that I sent them and print them on the new printer and leave the labels in it so I will know it really works.

:whoohoo: :whoohoo:

Great!!! I am glad they are working with you. Hopefully the second printer won't be a dud.

I also have a Mac which means Primera doesn't have templates for us Mac users. Do you use any small circle labels to print with? Thanks!

Rae

We use the Primera LX400 for Spoonfudge, Gluten-free mixes and cupcakes. No issues whatsoever.

We print from a Mac and hubby does all that. If someone needs assistance, let me know and I"ll see if we can help out. AT this point we've printed thousands w/out any issues :)

LOVE this thing! Best $1k I've spent at one time!

janis

Thanks, Janis, I have ordered the printshop for Mac and after I get it I may be asking you questions. :D

Rae

WOW! First positive thing on this printer. Can I ask you if you use the 1.38 and 1.75 round labels on the 400? The support guy gave me some things to do and it didn't work, so now he is saying it might be the printer. I want to keep it if there is any way the same labels with color backgrounds work. I am anxious to see if these labels and with color backgrounds work for you.

TIA

Rae

Yep we use both of those sizes and also a 1.5x1.5 square which i think is the smallest we use. Have no issues at all. Hopefully the next one they send you is perfect and you have no issues with it....they really are a great printer!

I also have a Mac which means Primera doesn't have templates for us Mac users. Do you use any small circle labels to print with? Thanks!

Rae

I actually just ordered 3" labels, so not small, but circular anyway :)

We use Photoshop to print ours and hubby has also opened those and printed from Preview as well. No problem with either. Took maybe 10 labels for each size to get the spacing just right but he's noted on each one the numbers and anytime we go to print one, we look at that and set it accordingly.

And in case anyone doesn't know - this is the cheapest place to get labels and ink (and the printers as well.)

http://kencostore.com

I've been very happy with their service and the quality of the products. THey are an authorized Primera distributor and typically what is ordered one day is shipped out the next. At least for my 5 orders from there. And I only paid $1090 for my printer, which was about $500 less than anywhere else I could find.

Hi All,

I actually own the LX800 and I haven't experienced too many problems with it. I usually print 2" circular labels and 2x2 squares perfectly. Right now, I have a customer that wants a 2.5" circular label that I'm struggling with.

I personally feel the amount of money we have spent on these machines, the company should be able to offer more precise information on all labels especially the ones they carry.

Jameel

what software do you print from for your labels, I use printshop 22 and I have went in and made a label that is just a titch too big such as 2.65 x 2.65 and then printed it to help it go all the way to the edge but also the settings that come up when you hit print also can be adjusted to make it print further up or down or left or right etc. and that can be trial and error for sure. I print my 2.5 rounds nice though with full coverage from printshop 22 with no problems.

janis

Hi All,

I actually own the LX800 and I haven't experienced too many problems with it. I usually print 2" circular labels and 2x2 squares perfectly. Right now, I have a customer that wants a 2.5" circular label that I'm struggling with.

I personally feel the amount of money we have spent on these machines, the company should be able to offer more precise information on all labels especially the ones they carry.

Jameel

what software do you print from for your labels, I use printshop 22 and I have went in and made a label that is just a titch too big such as 2.65 x 2.65 and then printed it to help it go all the way to the edge but also the settings that come up when you hit print also can be adjusted to make it print further up or down or left or right etc. and that can be trial and error for sure. I print my 2.5 rounds nice though with full coverage from printshop 22 with no problems.

janis

I use Adobe Photoshop 5.0 to do my labels and adjust them bigger then the label size in the print screen so that they over bleed.

Webgyrl.....thanks for that link! They have sizes that I would otherwise have to custom order from primera and if you have checked with them.....they are EXPENSIVE unless you want 10+ rolls at a time! We have gotten to the point where even the Primera isn't enough and will have ours printed digitally but I will always hang on to the primera to do short runs and special editions!