Would you ship your product out in this...

islandgirl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I can understand MAYBE one mouse trap box. But TWO?! LMAO! They must have major rodent issues. You know you have to dish and tell us who it is. I can honestly say that I have never had any of my supplies shipped to me (from well known suppliers on the board) in anything other than new boxes or USPS priority mail boxes.

I bet you were about floored when you saw THAT box! Although it is quite hysterical, it is still kinda serious. With all the reports in the news about infestations at facilities like this, I would carefully scrutinizing my products to make sure that there is nothing in them immediately upon receipt.

On a side note, related but not exactly, I recently purchased a bag of Hill's Science Diet food for my Rat Terrier. Well when I bought it we had just ran out of her last bag which was fine. But this bag, was full of bugs. Not little ones BIG ones! I about died and the look on my 12 yr olds face as he says, "I'm not feeding her that!" was priceless! Needless to say I high tailed it back to PETCO to give the store mgr a piece of my mind and he was quite accomodating stating that they have been having problems with the brand and he replaced it with another bag. We opened it in the store to make sure it was ok before I took it out of the store! When I contacted Hill's they gave me the whole corporate speech about plant sanitation and tried to pin it on PETCO. So I guess lots of these plants have issues like this.....I guess we all have to be careful...even with dog food!:laugh2:

I personally would be glad to get that box. That is one less that will go into a landfill or be burned. They probably just get them from a local grocer or supermarket and use whatever shap and or size works.

This is not from a mom and pop supplier either!!!

It was from one of the "Big Guys"!!!:rolleyes2

I agree with re-using boxes, but to ship out product in a mouse trap box!!!

I would rather burn it in our fire-pit, or put it in our recycle pile !!

That is like sending a boxes to customers with writing saying,

Subtle Butt - Fart Pads, Life Size Blow up Dolls, or Gastric Lap Bands!! :laugh2:

Just TMI on a box IMO!!!:laugh2:

My FedEx man delivered an order to me that came in a giant Stayfree maxipad carton--he must have thought I had a serious problem. Another order came in a carton for some type of frozen enchiladas.

A different supplier used shredded gas credit card reciepts and reports to pack their stuff. Not only was the stuff highly dusty, but it was messy just opening the box; little bits of paper would get everywhere. I called the company to complain about that and all they had to say was "we recycle--the owner is a firm believer in recycling whenever possible."

I think it greedy penny-pinching, not really caring about the environment that makes them do it. I don't like the idea that someone might pluck a box out of a dumpster to ship my goods. Boxes advertising mouse traps and maxipads are not how I would want to deliver my products just to save a buck an order--it's TACKY. If they're insistent upon doing it, the least they could do is cut the box and turn it inside out so your customers or neighbors won't think you're infested or anemic when the see the brand names on them.

If they can't afford new boxes, then they ought to close their doors.

I am sorry you guys feel that way. I agree they could be slightly more choicey in their box choice but they are ulitmately keeping another cardboard box out of production.... Even if it is a penny penching thing...its a good penney penching thing. If you bought gas that smelled bad when you burnt it but it got thirty miles per gallon more than what you get now for the same price, you could care less what others thought or atleast I could .....same principle, if I can get a box for free instead of paying 3-$10 for one, I really don't care what is on it.

Think the amount of cardboard that would be saved if every business did this instead of buying a new box or having a new one made....

If it were Sam's Club, BJs, Costco, etc., then it makes sense, but what type of recycling is a candle supplier doing when they send you a Stayfree Maxi Pad box or mouse traps, etc.? I'd have to wonder where they are getting their boxes from. A dumpster? Would you want a pizza box that was thrown away and YOUR pizza was now in it?

Penny pinching is not something I want a supplier to do. Nor do I want Macy's to give me my $350 suit in a bag from Walmart that they "recycled."

I do wonder which supplier this is. Especially if this supplier is one that has a "minimum" shipping charge.

You don't really know that they even hit the dumpster. The grocers around here open the boxes, place the product on their shelves and then place them in an area on the side of the building for people to use for packing when moving, shipping, etc. I can understand you alls point but I am just saying, I really could care less when it comes to someone shipping my candle supplies. I mean, most of my supplies are in bags or are protected by their packaging anyways. Its not like they placed a slab of was in a maxi pad box without plastic around it. Maybe you should be worrying more about whats on the outside of those boxes and what those suppliers and even the manufactures are doing in their packaging process, not their use of used boxes. JMO....

Why is it so bad to think a supplier could BUY a generic carton, which in most instances are ALREADY made out of recycled paper, and someone else could re-cycle that, without tacky product advertising on it?

Something that disgusts me is the possibility that some of those boxes may have indeed been sitting in a supermarket loading dock, a dumpster, or the side of the building--all places where ants, mice or roaches or maggots can have easy access to scamper across and feed on garbage or make nests; even the town wino might take a nap on them, and that is NOT something I want to be concerned about when getting my b&b supplies and containers shipped to me.

It may be a false sense of security, because any warehouse can be infested, but it seems far less likely when foodstuffs and rotten produce aren't in the picture.

I can see it if somebody is shipping an order from their home, you sell something on the classifieds and put it in a used box of some sort--that's no big deal. But if you're operating a legitimate business with multiple employees and you pull this kind of thing, shame on you.

On a side note, related but not exactly, I recently purchased a bag of Hill's Science Diet food for my Rat Terrier. Well when I bought it we had just ran out of her last bag which was fine. But this bag, was full of bugs. Not little ones BIG ones! I about died and the look on my 12 yr olds face as he says, "I'm not feeding her that!" was priceless! Needless to say I high tailed it back to PETCO to give the store mgr a piece of my mind and he was quite accomodating stating that they have been having problems with the brand and he replaced it with another bag. We opened it in the store to make sure it was ok before I took it out of the store! When I contacted Hill's they gave me the whole corporate speech about plant sanitation and tried to pin it on PETCO. So I guess lots of these plants have issues like this.....I guess we all have to be careful...even with dog food!:laugh2:

That's why I don't go to petco that place is nasty, not too long ago one of their warehouses was shut down by the government, because it was so infested.

Anyway I have no problem with suppliers reusing boxes, but mouse trap,adult diaper boxes etc. are a little too much. Sounds like they are not even looking at what's on the side of the box. Most businesses if they can't reuse the box they recycle it. They usually have a separate bin for all cardboard.

Why is it so bad to think a supplier could BUY a generic carton, which in most instances are ALREADY made out of recycled paper, and someone else could re-cycle that, without tacky product advertising on it?

Something that disgusts me is the possibility that some of those boxes may have indeed been sitting in a supermarket loading dock, a dumpster, or the side of the building--all places where ants, mice or roaches or maggots can have easy access to scamper across and feed on garbage or make nests; even the town wino might take a nap on them, and that is NOT something I want to be concerned about when getting my b&b supplies and containers shipped to me.

It may be a false sense of security, because any warehouse can be infested, but it seems far less likely when foodstuffs and rotten produce aren't in the picture.

I can see it if somebody is shipping an order from their home, you sell something on the classifieds and put it in a used box of some sort--that's no big deal. But if you're operating a legitimate business with multiple employees and you pull this kind of thing, shame on you.

I have to agree with this one. I'm all for recycling - I've used supplier boxes to send out stuff I've sold in the classy's quite often. BUT, I REFUSE to send some votive cups or wicks in my Playtex tampon box. And this is classified stuff. Cereal box is one thing - personal/hygiene products (basically anything that touches the fanny or the houha) and pest control boxes are off limits - I don't care WHO it is. I recycle my cardboard of those natures, and they are made with post consumer content in the first place.

The next supplier box may very well have been made with old tampon boxes, but I ain't sending one out labeled with pretty colors and a big fat stamp of either a) I can't control one of my orifices, or B) I can't control my bugs and rodents.

There are certain ethical integrities that are STANDARD IMO, when you are shipping ANYTHING to ANYONE from a place of BUSINESS.

Oh, Oh, Oh....I got stuff from a supplier in that exact same kind of box 2 weeks ago. Hmmmm...wonder if it is the same one.

I was wondering how many others got the Mouse Trap Boxes!! YUCK!

I do wonder which supplier this is. Especially if this supplier is one that has a "minimum" shipping charge.

Yes it is!!!

Minimum shipping charge is $10.00

( With a used Mouse Trap box of course!!)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

My FedEx man delivered an order to me that came in a giant Stayfree maxipad carton--he must have thought I had a serious problem...."we recycle--the owner is a firm believer in recycling whenever possible."

I think it greedy penny-pinching...I don't like the idea that someone might pluck a box out of a dumpster to ship my goods. Boxes advertising mouse traps and maxipads are not how I would want to deliver my products just to save a buck an order--it's TACKY... If they're insistent upon doing it, the least they could do is cut the box and turn it inside out so your customers or neighbors won't think you're infested or anemic when the see the brand names on them.

If they can't afford new boxes, then they ought to close their doors.

OMG!!!!! I oh so agree with you....but the way its written....totally hilarious. I have tears in my eyes from LMAO!:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

i know who you got that box from:laugh2: i was shipped something from them in a mouse trap box also. they are weird at that place, i go up to the showroom from time to time to look around and i get a creepy feeling everytime im there.

Most of the places I order from ship in recycled (used) boxes. Never had a problem. I don't like my new products in old boxes, but when I get a whack of beads from a wholesaler, I don't expect a fancy box from them. In fact, my bead supplier uses Snickers boxes all the time, which fit my bead containers perfectly, and also fit on my shelf perfectly, so I'm happy. As long as they're clean, what do I care. If everybody had to buy boxes for their orders, our prices would go up.

I can't imagine worrying about the box the order came in. I don't even look at the boxes, and with all the boxes carriers have to look at, I doubt they do either.

I've grabbed used boxes from work, the grocery store, who cares! A box is a box. It just never occurred to me to worry about the box.