Fundraiser Sample Pack

grama

[attach]16347[/attach]

Thought this might be of interest to someone new to fundraising. These are sample packs that I make up for each person selling to carry. Having the actual sample to smell really improves the candles sold in the fundraiser I have done using them.

post-5428-139458450538_thumb.jpg

I do this also and it really boots sales when people are able to smell the scents they are purchasing.

Make sure you put the scent label on the container also, just not the lid.

( I kinda see 2 of them labeled on the container??)

If you have your scent label on the lid, and they take all the lids off, they may put the wrong lid on the wrong scent and get them all mixed up..

Good Luck!!

I like the containers, but I'm not feeling the zip lock bags at all.

Is that really the first impression you want to send?

Hobby Lobby/Michaels/JoAnn's/Nashville Wraps/Papermart have really cute boxes with handles like a case for a few bucks. Maybe even the large Chinese frosted take out containers with handles? Just a thought.

at the Bittercreek convention a talk was given about doing Fundraisers and this is the sample pack they sent out

looks really professional and easy to transport

it is under packaging, then display tubes

it is called pTubeT - Clear Tealight Display Tube w/Cap

they would just put a deposit for the sample pack or charge the order if it didn't come back

just another idea

When you have kids selling this has worked out real good with the ziploc bags. They don't need anything fancy to be throwing around and banging up or whatever. The bags are easy to keep up with and they don't take a lot of room or work in the showing. As to the picture, I put a picture of the candle jar they will be getting on the order form.

Grumpy Girl - I don't have to worry about "putting best foot forward" so to speak and besides they really don't want to pay that much just to have a fancy box or whatever to carry them in. They pay for the bags and keep them. I don't take them back to reuse. Here in this small town and where they are sold they all know me. It's not like a big city where people don't know me and I have to make a good impression. Things a lot different in little places like my home town ;)

Michele - yes, I make the same number of sample packs as order forms. Thank goodness though I don't have 125 kids selling. Doing that many of those little cups would leave me baldheaded!!

I'm with grama when talking about the ziplock bags; there easy to see through & I also live in a small 'village' so, believe me; people arent' that worried how you display your samples....I think the oval containers speak for themselves - the baggy is just to keep them all together - were NOT avon or another product we are just 'ourselves'....

I love the idea of sharing everyone's ideas on this subject - especially at this time of the yr when Fundraisers are the busiest....

I'm hoping to 'approach' our School on this matter someday soon & LOVE gettin' all the information...:yay:

Best Wishes to Everyone doing Fundraisers!!

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I've heard tha many send out samples with fundraising kits. I don't.. personally I think it's alot of material to haul around when trying to sell. By time you have the brochure or catalog, writing untensil, order form, then add samples.. etc..etc.. Just seems like alot to drag around.

I remember taking my kids out fundraising years back, couldn't imagine them carrying so much stuff,, heck they had enough trouble keeping track of a pencil... LOL...

SherriLynn the way we do fundraisers here all they have to carry is the order form, which is one sheet of paper, pencil, and sample pack. Our area is small city USA where everybody knows everybody so that is all that is necessary. :smiley2: In bigger cities where people do not know you then I can see where it would be different. All the info they need is on the order form. Through the fundraisers I have done it has proven that the sample packs really do help increase sales. The participants pay a minimum amount for the sample packs and then they are theirs afterward. Living in a small town like I do has it's advantages and that is one of the many. The longer I live the more advantages I see to living in a small town versus living in large city.:grin2:

I do HUGE FundRaisers every yr and I dont send out samples. I do a scent description on the order form....and I do take 1 of each scent to the school so that if anyone is interested they can come in there and sniff or I let them know that they can always go to my Wholesale dealer in town and sniff the scents. Easier on me AND it boosts my Wholsalers sales!

Ok I have a question. You said that they pay for these and you dont get them back?

Sorry but I dont really understand. Why would they pay for them? They cant really do anything with them, or am I missing something? I mean it is a container wax, right, so they cant just pop it out and put in a warmer. And there is no wick for it to be burned, and also the container doesnt look like it would hold up to the heat anyways.

I think this is really a great idea, and by any chance would you be willing to tell where you got the containers from?

Thanks so much for clearing this up for. I havent done a fundraiser yet but I do add to my fundraiser list all the cool ideas I find on here, and this is going on it. Thanks again.

Antonia

Antonia - yes they can pop them out and put in a tart burner/warmer if they want to. They help each individual sell more candles so the minimum cost I charge them is nothing to compare to what they make selling the candles. If individual does not want to pay for them they don't have to get the sample packs. It is their choice. This is the link to the cups.

http://www.restockit.com/Combo-Portion-CupLid-1-Oz---(E501BNS)---TOP-SELLER!.html

Antonia - yes they can pop them out and put in a tart burner/warmer if they want to. They help each individual sell more candles so the minimum cost I charge them is nothing to compare to what they make selling the candles. If individual does not want to pay for them they don't have to get the sample packs. It is their choice. This is the link to the cups.

http://www.restockit.com/Combo-Portion-CupLid-1-Oz---(E501BNS)---TOP-SELLER!.html

Thanks so much for the info. I had no idea they could pop right out, sorry. See I thought I was missing something. Well thanks so much again.

Take care and I hope you do great.

Antonia

I do the same thing and yes, they make great tarts for warmers--in fact, if I only have about an ounce of wax left after pouring containers, I use these to make little freebies for customer who I know use warmers.

Grama, would you mind sharing how much you charge for these sample packs. I do the same thing and agree that it really increases sales. Since I've started providing the samples, I haven't had a fundraiser with more than 20 kids, so I've been providing a set for each child at no charge, but I think I should set a limit to how many they get at no charge. I was thinking $2/set since most of my fundraisers sell 8 scents. What do you think?

This is a great thread to read - I appreciate you sharing!

My son is in middle school and there are opportunities to do fundraisers.....I get the sample pack idea but people are actually purchasing a jar candle? What size (?)....and how do you price % for the fundraiser? :smiley2:

Thanks,

Trish