another airfreshner blank ?

Ok from what I have been reading....meaning I have not tried it yet. Mine are on the way. I think acrylic paint would not absorb any FO. So if you were to try painting with acrylic you would not want to cover much of the surface area. Or maybe you could try to paint after applying the fo, but make sure it is really dry or the paint may not adhere. I guess if you have some blanks try it. I would, but I don't keep acrylic paint on hand.

Sorry I can't help more. I am still new to it and still in my reserach mode. Let me know if you come up with anything!

What about that dry paint stuff? Not really sure what it is.

You can paint them......just remember the area you cover will not absorb the fo. (so it's best not to cover the entire surface, but only small amounts). You can also paint one side and leave the fo for the other side. But, you CAN paint them with water based (not oil!!) soap dyes, either watered down or straight from the bottle, and that will not interfere with the scent at all. You can also decorate with beads/trims etc. attached with modge podge, but again, that area will not absorb the fo. Oh, and I have some i did in late August, and bagged.....and they are still strong and perfect!

I you wont to paint them a solid color you can use Design Master Floral Spray Paint in the can. You can find it at craft stores. FO will soak through this paint.

If you want to paint on different colors you can use water colors crayola brand will work. Just note this paint will bleed.

Candle Man

JMO but I don't think I would paint them. If some place it in a very nice care with leather interior and it happened to get wet from the window being down and it raining, will the pain run onto the dash of the car and ruin it? That is something to think about. The might come back on you.

I haven't tried the air freshener blanks, but I paint on candles and before I started to pour my own, I painted on purchased pillars and a lot of them were scented. When I painted them the background color completely covered the candle top,sides,bottom and after my design was painted on them they were sealed with 3-4 coats of water based varnish. After a couple of weeks you could smell the scent of the candle through the paint.

Just seal the front of the blank (leave the back unpainted) with decoart or ceramcoat all purpose sealer or spray the front with krylon matte sealer, paint with the acrylic paint, let dry for 24-48hrs. You could seal your painting with water based varnish if you want, but these are something that will get thrown away in a few months so I wouldn't use more than 1 coat. After that dries just paint the back with straight FO and let dry.

Just try one at first and see how it turns out.

Hope that helps

Dee