liquid dye recipes

I have decided to switch to liquid dye and was hoping for a starting point. Is there anyone out there who happens to have a color guide they are willing to share. I am looking for info like 1 drop ??? and 2 drops ??? make ???? in a pound of wax. I have tried the color wheel thing but I could not be any more of a moron when it comes to that thing. Figure if someone had a list for me to start at I could tinker with it from there to get the colors I wanted but would at least be starting in the correct range. TIA

Auntie I use liquid dyes from Lonestar in my J waxes. For many of the colors I use about 7 drops per lb. I find that only the vanilla takes a single drop for up to 4 lbs. Not all dyes are the same so you have to experiment.

What helps me is using a white plate to drop my colored wax on while I am testing the color. The drop dries fast and I can determine if I need more color or another color to mix it with. Once I have the color I want I write it down for next time. I now have a spreadsheet I use with color recipes.

And using a color wheel to get a certain color is still the best method. I started out using a color wheel until I developed a sense of what dyes to mix to get; e.g.; red & blue for magenta; yellow & orange for apricot; red & orange for peach, etc. But you still have to test them to develop your color.

It will take a while but you will get better.

I'm looking for a color chart for making embeds. I just can't seem to get them the right color. They always have a greyish haze to them. They are not vibrant colors like I want. Always kinda of dull looking TIA Oh, and I'm using

parrfin wax

Maybe the haze is coming from the mold you are using. After making the embeds, lay embed side up on a heat proof surface and heat gun for a second. This will give it a sheen and brighten the color. If I pour hot and get the embeds out quickly they have less of a whitish look. I use liquid and chips for color.

Thanks guys for all your help. The color charts will help alot and I do have a color wheel somewhere. I just love making tarts and embeds. It's so much fun. Sometime I'm a little impatient and probablly take them too soon. I'll try leaving them in a little longer.

Sandy