Finally a kid of mine that likes to make soap! DD's 1st soap

Meridith

These are my DD's first soaps. She actually asked to spend the day with me learning to soap! She loved it and couldn't wait to soap again.

1st soap she chose to scent with OT's Black Raspberries and Vanilla. Not bothering to read my notes from last time I soaped this which I would seen it did not discolor, I had her add some vanilla stabilizer. I think that is why it is yellow. She chose to swirl SS purple violet in. I really do like the yellow the periwinkle color swirl together. FO behaved wonderfully and smells delish.

The 2nd soap she chose SS colors muted red and aquamarine. The scent she chose is OT's Vera Wang type. She got a bit of ash because she was so excited she and kept peeking. edited to add. scent soaped beautifully but is very light.

post-121-139458449513_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458449515_thumb.jpg

WOW! Those are first time soaps??? I am impressed!

I know. That is what I thought! I've got to say that my chest sure swelled with pride. And she was just tickled pink with her soaps. My other DD could have cared less when I made soap with her. But not this one. She couldn't wait to make that 2nd batch. Today we made avocado liquid soap together.

Oh and yesterday, we made fire starters together. We had so much fun together. Who is this kid?? lol

I think she has the fever. :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Now that's super cool! I think she did a great job. Have another and raise her and send her this way when she's old enough to support herself lol.

Have another? Are you freakin' nuts woman? I've got teenagers so there are days I don't want the kids I have. I'm numb to a lot of what they are capable of doing now. If I were to have another one, the numbness would be worn off by the time it got to those lovely hormone charged years. I just don't have the strength to make it through another kid and another beat down. This kid is starting to finally become human again and more tolerable. LOL

Besides, I's missing parts for that job.

Those are some really great looking soaps. Glad she's interested in soaping with you. You know I think my daughter might like to make a batch of soap. I know she sure gets a kick out of making her own candles.

Give it a try. You just may find a soaping buddy. I did not find my soaping buddy with my first kid but this one seems to (so far) be hooked. I guess sometimes the apple does not fall far from the tree. :)

They are beautiful. I have not had to nerve yet to try to soap, I wish I had someone nearby to guide me!

We are here! I know a lot of us would be more than willing to help and guide you. You can do it. It's not that hard or scary working with lye. :highfive: