What's The Oddest Thing You've Added TO Your M&P

Candybee

I made a batch of soap a while back that I added fresh ground paprika and dried basil. Maybe that is not so weird but it got me to thinking what unusual things you can add to your M&P.

I keep trying out stuff cause my customers ask for it. Several have been asking me for soap with 'stuff' in it. They loved my spice soaps so much I guess they wanted more shtuff to choose from.

So what interesting things do you all add?

I use powdered cloves and crushed herbs a lot. I love herbal blends a lot. Holiday teas also work really well. I've used dried orange peel in a layered soap with clear glycerin. I've also seen a soap that had wild rice suspended in it. It looked cool but I have no idea what happened when it was used.

• 2 weeks later...

loofa....sliced or ground makes a nice scrubby soap

dried orange and lemon peel (if you have a dehydrator, dry them then crush them in a food processor to get a fine powder or a bit more grainy for a nice scrub soap also)

dried mint, peppermint, green tea, chocolate mint, lemon balm, crushed dried rosemary smells lovely, vanilla bean seeds (that was alittle expensive but wow it was a nice soap)

nutmeg, if you can find the whole nutmeg and grate it that was fabulous and hazelnut also, just make sure people with nut allergies dont buy or use that particular soap

I have made a charcoal M and P soap and use powered charcoal in it. I learned that charcoal removes toxins and is great for drawing out impurities in the skin. It is actually good for lots of things. A black soap is pretty cool too. Sometimes I swirl it with another color and add an essential oil too.

Don't know if that is odd or not. I'll post a pic.

Soapymomma

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very tame compared to you adventurers, only things I add is flavored instant oatmeal and ground almonds..hubby loves it..although as bar starts deteriorating I always find almonds on the bottom of my tub..lol. Plus to add insult to injury, hubby loves sandisoaps and lotions better than mine..lol...