Google Ratings

Wake up people. What further proof do you need this is a dead end. Next time when someone has a bad experience you should take the time to check it out and take them seriously . Many of you could have avoided this ship wreak if you had listened. I don't feel sorry for any one of you. Get a grip, get a new host and start fresh. So many people have recommended this designer 218.

This is business and friends and business do not always go together. I am willing to bet several went with HCM for that reason when they already had a nice thing going and are now paying for it.

if he is using oscommerce all you need is a database backup and you can move your domain to a new server. I dont know anything about him or what he offers or what he charges but to not hav cp access or ftp access is asking for trouble. if not then there are programs that will let you download the site fom the browser but then you would have to enter them all in a new database. Anyone collecting cc info defiantley needs access to their database and the host should not have it.

this is the source code of your homepage. The most important page on google.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 TRANSITIONAL//EN">
<html>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
CONTENT="0; URL=http://www.justrightcandles.com/store">
<head>
<title>www.justrightcandles.com</title>
</head>
<body>
Redirecting you to our new site..<br>
If you are not automatically redirected, <a href=[URL="http://www.justrightcandles.com/store>clickhere.</a><P"]www.justrightcandles.com/store> clickhere.</a><P[/URL]>
</body>
</html>

I plan on staying only until I have a copy of my site working somewhere else. If that never happens, then I will just have to stay put. A article about my business comes out next month. I won't have time to rebuild a site...

Uh I'd be more worried if your site disappeared just cause Frank feels like it, then you'll really look like an idiot when the article is printed out for all those readers and they go to your site and it's no longer there.

then what!!???? I would so move and really it's NOT hard to move your site. You get a temp. site while your site is live and running. When you're done, then you change your server host at go daddy.

It took me less than a day to copy and paste from one site to another.

go to godaddy and point it to new server and bam you're done. it's really nothing to it. but it sure would suck if your site disappear and then you got nothing to copy and paste.

Don't say we didn't warn ya!!!

Meg

Uh I'd be more worried if your site disappeared just cause Frank feels like it, then you'll really look like an idiot when the article is printed out for all those readers and they go to your site and it's no longer there.

then what!!???? I would so move and really it's NOT hard to move your site. You get a temp. site while your site is live and running. When you're done, then you change your server host at go daddy.

It took me less than a day to copy and paste from one site to another.

go to godaddy and point it to new server and bam you're done. it's really nothing to it. but it sure would suck if your site disappear and then you got nothing to copy and paste.

Don't say we didn't warn ya!!!

Meg

Thats one of the reason I am trying to move my site.

As far as how hard it is. Maybe yoursite was not hard to move but are sites ARE hard to move. You have to move all of the software, the databases and then you have to install it all again, edit the configure.php files and pray to God you didn't have errors in the database or some other files. I have attempted to move it as well as having three other code writers attempt. Two said they couldn't do it and I have one person working on it right now...

Thats one of the reason I am trying to move my site.

As far as how hard it is. Maybe yoursite was not hard to move but are sites ARE hard to move. You have to move all of the software, the databases and then you have to install it all again, edit the configure.php files and pray to God you didn't have errors in the database or some other files. I have attempted to move it as well as having three other code writers attempt. Two said they couldn't do it and I have one person working on it right now...

I sent you a pm.

I am pretty clueless about building a website from scratch as I have used bizhosting and citymax in the past but they are probably similar to all the other DIY type sites (HCM, 218, etc). I have changed hosts several times and printed my site for visual reference and c/p my verbal content to drop into new site. Other than that I simply recreated the site as closely as I could with pictures that may be in a slightly different place depending on the layout I choose.

Mine must be really simple compared to what you folks are doing but having looked at the HCM sites they sure appear to be basic bare bones stuff. Granted I don't use backgrounds or flash as I like a clean site but I drop in my logo, pictures, verbal content and c/p my scent list into the dropdown boxes and in less than 2 days I'm up and running with a new host.

What is different about the HCM sites that makes it impossible to recreate them? Some of the users seem to be dealing with HCM's crap for a long time compared to just moving on. (BTW - not a criticism, just a question)