(AGE) going out of business

earthfriendly

:( Very Sad to see so many closing..

In our area, many family owned retail shops are closing every day, after years of being in business.

Our quaint little towns are slowly disappearing. :sad2:

I am sad too, to see mom & pop stores disappearing and becoming history..

I once had a gift shop, I had all types of things you could not get just anywhere..then 2 or 3 large mega stores came in, and they were selling basicaly the same things I had in my store, less than what I could buy it for..So guess what.. I didn't stay in business much longer...

But I can't really blame people for wanting the best deals they can find...

Nuts! I LOVE the White Stephanotis and the Tuberose...I hope I can find the White Steph elsewhere but the Tuberose is the only one I have ever liked so it will be gone from my line.

Take a look at Southern Soapers. You may find a replacement. Shame to see yet another close down.

How come no one tryies to sell these?? I tried to inquire about another site that closed, I really wanted to buy it but the owner was a bit ummmm I'll just say a bit difficult to communicate with.

We have over 500 scents and selling fragrance would fit right up our alley, we might as well do both.

Anyway....

The Scented Bean is up for sale. Why don't you get in touch with her. That would be a good line to have.

As for AGE, sure, email her, too. I would love to see someone carry both.

Go for it! And let us know if you're successful. I'll be an AGE customer, for sure!

The Scented Bean is up for sale. Why don't you get in touch with her. That would be a good line to have.

As for AGE, sure, email her, too. I would love to see someone carry both.

Go for it! And let us know if you're successful. I'll be an AGE customer, for sure!

Bluegrass is for sale too. They have good scents but a bad reputation.

I Haven't been here for a while and shocked about hearing those bad news - really all these people go out of business?:shocked2:

Especially AGE was one of my very special scent supppliers - the one and only real smelling peach (Peach Supreme), Salty Mariner, etc.

I will have to get them duplicated here in Germany (thank God I have found some companies that will do that for me - and hopefully they do a good job - we'll see), like I will have every scent I carry duplicated or substituted by their fragrances - shipping to Europe has become a horror.

• 4 weeks later...

I went on their site and she said they have had a lot of people asking where she gets her oils. She said that info is not for sale, but for her regular customers to e-mail her with their question and she will decide whether to give out the supplier info.

She also has some names of people that are interested in being a distributer for some of her products. :D

I never got a chance to test her (Salty Mariner) that everyone talks about, oh well I will just have to wait to see if someone brings it back.

Twigs & Berries is no longer selling oils. Add another supplier to the list. Shame cause I have a wholesale account that loves their grandpa's pipe :0(

I kind of thought that was coming. They have been out of Gingered Cinnamon and a few others for months and months. How sad. They had some great oils.

What I hate is that it makes me not want to take a chance on any smallish supplier for fear my customers will love an oil and then the supplier will close up leaving me high & dry. And our smallish suppliers sometimes have such great noses.

Where did you see that T&B is OOB? I was just on their site and missed it.

Thank you. I was going to the old site directly to the FO page. When I went to the home page I see they still say they aren't sure on the supplier end if they will be around or not. The supply site is under tbcandlesupplies (I think). I hope they sell the FOs to someone - there are a couple there I did well with. Their Carribean Pear is one of my best sellers.

• 2 months later...