questions questions questions

Melanie

Titanium Dicoxide is to help get or keep soap white. But what if any affect does it have on colors?

Trying to swirl so just checking cause it says to add to the water

Cucumber melon soap ? If I put in a cucumber is it part of the water or should I strain it and add at trace? Will it discolor? If it discolors any idea what color it might be? ( dont want it to be like lavander if you dont grind it and have i look like little mouse dropping in my bars)

When I made my cucumber soap I pureed the hell out of it in the blender peel and all and used it as almost all of my liquid. It turned out a beautiful pale green with tiny dark green specks and no discoloration at all. HTH

I love titanium dioxide for the versitility it brings to my colored soaps. I have the water based, but sometimes I don't want the titanium dioxide throughout my whole soap, and so I'll mix a little bit of it in some glycerin and then add to whatever portion of soap I want it in, incorporating it with a stickblender. It works great even though it says it's water based.

I made two cucumber soaps last week. I ran my cucumber through my juicer, peel and all, strained it it, and added it at trace as half my water amount (using the other half of my liquid amount as distilled water to mix with my lye).

Juicing the cucumber with the peel and all made such a beautiful shade of green, but I heard the soap can turn yellowish over time, so I also added a pinch of chromium hydroxide green to the batch so that it would be sure to maintain a green color further down the road.

MarieJeanette

Guest jurnalynn
When I made my cucumber soap I pureed the hell out of it in the blender peel and all and used it as almost all of my liquid. It turned out a beautiful pale green with tiny dark green specks and no discoloration at all. HTH

did u weigh it as the water then make up the rest of the ounces with water?

Laura