What to do with 60 lbs. of Cargill Nature Wax V-1

I have been searching the threads, but haven't found what I am looking for. As many of you know, through your own experiences, this wax is the pits. I am trying to figure out a way to use this up in some way. Has anyone mixed either paraffin or a container wax, (I use IGI 4630) with this for successful results. Any suggestions on utilizing this wax would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jill

I thought as much Jan. I only used paraffin for alot of years and decided to try soy. It was only AFTER I purchased the wax that I found this board and another, to discover I wasn't the only one having problems with it. Now when I want to try something new, thankfully I have a place to research and ask advice. Thanks for your reply.

PixieWick, the reason Jan said that is because it is so difficult to work with. No matter what I did, I would have cracks, sink holes, etc. In doing a search on this wax, you will find the same problems with other users. I love to make candles, and I don't want these kind of problems....there are too many other waxes that one can use and not suffer through all of that. It costs lots of time, money and your sanity, when there are other options out there. Thanks for your response.

scented firestarters

scented wax covered pine cones

that's what I use my trash wax for. Plus you already get to claim it on your business taxes as a Cost of goods.

I'm still sitting on about 3 cases of BAD J50 from years ago that I still make firestarters every year for....and they sell like hotcakes!

I'm just ready for it to be gone!

I loved the Cargill Nature Wax V-1. I had gotten it down last year as to were I did not get the cracks in it(it took me allot of time and hair, lol), and love the scent throw it gave out. And a few months ago, I was even trying my own paraffin/soy blend with it and was loving it (it looked great and had great hot/cold throw) Then I found out that they are not making anymore of the v1 right now, and they are recommending to use the new P2 for votives and tarts. So I just stopped my testing.

I would use it for firestarters, or even trying your own para soy blend. I think I am going to do firestarters for the 25 pounds I have left.

I mixed mine with C3 until it was gone and made clamshells (70% C3 and 30% V1). I don't color soy so I didn't have too many problems with it. It will discolor with some scents if you store them too long, like CS's Cranberry Marmalade got real ugly, but it still smelled great.

Also used it fire starters without mixing.

Moonlithaven, thanks for the info. Just curious, what was the para/soy blend you came up with? I probably will do the firestarters, as you all suggested. I am just too tired of testing with this.

I tried it at all different levels. It worked great with 70% soy and 30% paraffin. It was great at 50/50. I did not like how the 70% paraffin and 30% soy looked. But it had a kick butt scent throw, so much that I had to stop burning it because it was so strong. I was using the IGI 4794 for the paraffin.

Thank you all for your ideas and responses. I appreciate it. I may try ONE more time with it and mix 4794 with the v1. I will probably just make firestarters though, as I need to continue pouring my candles and tarts with my other waxes. You know, the holidays will be here before we know it! Trying to get stock made up.

I tried it at all different levels. It worked great with 70% soy and 30% paraffin. It was great at 50/50. I did not like how the 70% paraffin and 30% soy looked. But it had a kick butt scent throw, so much that I had to stop burning it because it was so strong. I was using the IGI 4794 for the paraffin.

What wicks did you use for each formula? I also use 4794.

Make some wickless candles using some paraffin in it to try to keep it smooth and help with looks over time. I would get some 16oz or bigger jars for the wickless since some people have such large melters. Maybe put some red and green chunks in them for the holidays. Good luck.. I have some quart mason jars I plan on doing this with since a few customers have those mega warmers that hold the 32 oz candles.