Effusion Lamp Oil

prettytoya

I just discovered these this week too. I purchased a couple from Candle Soylutions (there is a link here on the page just below the Peak add).

I got it last night and tried the fragrance that came with it for free (I chose the "By the Sea" fragrance). This filled up my whole large family room within 15-30 minutes. Only thing is I don't like the fragrance, it is very florally.

So now I am looking to use my own stash of FO to make fuel. I found this online:

"91% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (not 70%) can be bought at WalMart & just about any pharmacy. It costs about $1.19 for 16 oz.

Used straight, it will get rid of odors; add 2 teaspoons of any decent quality fragrance oil to a pint of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to duplicate the "boutique refills"

Also, after you use the lamp for a while - or - leave your lamp sit filled & unused for a while, the stone gets gunked up by the oil ... soak the stone & wick assembly for 24 hours in straight 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to clean it."

I'll try to get to Walmart for the alcohol today or tomorrow. I only have the 70% here at home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Does anyone feel it cleans the air like they say?

We all have allergies here and one of the sites said these are suppose to clean the air and help with allergies.

I have some citrus EOs and those are suppose to help so I thought this may be a way to help freshen the air.?

Ladies-thank you all for your replies! I went out looking yesterday-didn't find any I like. I'm really wanting one-the clean air aspect (I have asthma) as well as the fragrance properties (making my own fuel-yah!) I'm looking forward to. Camay-make sure you keep me posted on what you find!:yay:

Does anyone feel it cleans the air like they say?

logic tells me... not a chance.

especially if allergens are an issue - how could one little flame eliminate dust, molds, and pollen from the air? heck even my big a$$ air purifiers with hepa filters struggle to keep up. and if you have asthma to deal with I don't suggest room fragrancing but that's my own reco -