Not Patchouli

kuepie

Hey everyone, haven't posted for a while but I just had to on this. I ordered and received patchouli from bcn. I should have known the outcome by the price of the 1 lb. bottle. Anyway, I think the only thing I can call it is "Not Patchouli".

Peak's is okay and I use it, but it isn't quite what I am looking for... there is a sweeter patchouli out there somewhere that has more of the patch smell but less of the woodsy, dirty socks notes... I used to be able to find three distinct good patchoulis - a very heavy woodsy, earthy one, the sweet patchouli and a combination somewhere between the two.

Still looking...:undecided

We mix Peaks with Millcreek's Groovy Patchouli. I like the smell of Peak's, but could not get it to throw as well as I would like, MC is super strong, but could not wick it to save my soul. We mix the 2 of them and wick up and it seems to work well for us, without spending the high$$$ for Patchouli right now.

Peak's is okay and I use it, but it isn't quite what I am looking for... there is a sweeter patchouli out there somewhere that has more of the patch smell but less of the woodsy, dirty socks notes... I used to be able to find three distinct good patchoulis - a very heavy woodsy, earthy one, the sweet patchouli and a combination somewhere between the two.

I like Lone Star's for the very reason you outlined. It isn't as rough and dirty as others.

Peak's is okay and I use it, but it isn't quite what I am looking for... there is a sweeter patchouli out there somewhere that has more of the patch smell but less of the woodsy, dirty socks notes...

Then you aren't looking for a true patch LMAO! But I will say Trippy Hippy from Southern Soapers has the full blown effect of patch in the bottle, complete with the aphrodisiac quality too.

I like Lone Star's for the very reason you outlined. It isn't as rough and dirty as others.

Thanks, Sliver. I'll have to try some. :)

Then you aren't looking for a true patch LMAO!

All patchoulis, even EOs, do not smell identical, so I am not real sure there is such a thing as a "true" patchouli.

But I will say Trippy Hippy from Southern Soapers has the full blown effect of patch in the bottle, complete with the aphrodisiac quality too.

I'll have to check 'em out! Thanks! :)

One of these days, I'm gonna order some patchouli plants and see how the plant really smells! Supposedly, they grow well down here. Sure would like to have that scent in the garden around the house! My cats could waller in it all day long and that'd be fine with me! :D

One of these days, I'm gonna order some patchouli plants and see how the plant really smells! Supposedly, they grow well down here. Sure would like to have that scent in the garden around the house! My cats could waller in it all day long and that'd be fine with me! :D

Now I'd be envious of that.