scentsy warmers....

PSPjen

What scares me is they mention that lower temps mean no burning kids or pets. Anything warm enough to melt wax, even the lowest temps I could think of, hot wax on a child or pet would burn them!!!

"Our Warmers melt wax at a lower temperature so there is never any danger of burning children or pets."

Since they claim it's the same type of soft wax as jarred candles, it's gotta get as warm as at least 100 degrees right?

I know this may sound silly but - if you are using a wickless, flameless warmer, how would you get soot on your walls and what does that have to do with evaporation?

"The wax does NOT evaporate so you wont have soot build up on your walls, furniture or in your lungs. "

I'm not trying to be smart ass, I'm really wanting to make sure I didn't miss anything in my research because I've never even heard of sooting with a wickless electric warmer.

I used to have a catalog of tart warmers that were dead on, but I can't find it. I will keep looking, because I want to buy some. I think they had a minimum order of $500.00 or something.

Keep looking please.... Where do you all get these catalogs? I would be able to meet the $500 min because they are so different than any I have had. My customers are ready for new designs. Maybe I should sign up and then could resell to my wholesale customers cause they are looking too since Waxcessories has stopped making them...

The ones they use to sell were the same as I sold from Waxcessories. Read where they were two ladies, tart makers, doing home parties then a bank president bought it and it has taken off. Guess it's that unlimited income now that's making the difference...

Waxcessories used to supply their warmers but Scentsy branched off and started having them exclusively manufactured for them. The Waxcessories ones are the ones which were recalled:

http://www.officialscentsy.com/

They probable had to since Waxcessories quit selling them for over 1 1/2 years before the recall. Kept saying they were having trouble with the supplier of electric parts in China. I heard Gantz had a recall too but I never read anywhere about it. It was a "voluntary recall with 161 reports of discolored cords, loose wires, and wires separating from the pot. No injuries have been reported out of 830,000". Can't imagine a company Scentsy, having that many different warmers made just for them.

What scares me is they mention that lower temps mean no burning kids or pets. Anything warm enough to melt wax, even the lowest temps I could think of, hot wax on a child or pet would burn them!!!

In regards to the hot wax. I used to rep. for Scentsty before I started to make my own candles and I can tell you that the wax gets hot but does not burn. I would place the warmer on one of my end tables in the living room and my two year old got curious and happened to pull at the bowl causing the wax to come splashing all over his face. The scent I was using was Mac Apple and so the color was red. I seriously thought he was burned but I was wrong. The wax cooled right away and I was able to just peel the wax off of him. It did not even stick to his eyebrows.

Needless to say I started to place the warmer out of reach for him. Out of curiosity the next time I warmed the wax up I stuck my hand in to see how hot it was when it hit his little face and yes it was hot but it did not burn.

Laura

In regards to the hot wax. I used to rep. for Scentsty before I started to make my own candles and I can tell you that the wax gets hot but does not burn. I would place the warmer on one of my end tables in the living room and my two year old got curious and happened to pull at the bowl causing the wax to come splashing all over his face. The scent I was using was Mac Apple and so the color was red. I seriously thought he was burned but I was wrong. The wax cooled right away and I was able to just peel the wax off of him. It did not even stick to his eyebrows.

Needless to say I started to place the warmer out of reach for him. Out of curiosity the next time I warmed the wax up I stuck my hand in to see how hot it was when it hit his little face and yes it was hot but it did not burn.

Laura

Yes, I was thinking of the paraffin therapy for arthritis. Warm enough to melt but not burn.

Glo

They're cute but if they use a lightbulb to heat wax then they don't get hot enough to throw scent very well. I bought my daughter a really cute tart burner that worked by means of a light bulb and it barely melted the out to the edges of one tart. I like the 24 watt, electric combo burners better, though they're not quite as pretty.