why do my...

chrisasst

I too was wondering the same thing???? I am using BCS Aroma Beads and several different FO and all only last about 2 weeks if that. I kinda thought it was caused by really hot temps here in Tx, I even started making them thicker and making sure they do not stay in oven too long. Nothing I have done has improved the duration. I recently had one of my wholesale accounts complain and I really do not know what else to do...any advice anyone?:confused:

Lysa

Actually, the 'theory' is that heat releases the scent. I always notice stronger scent during the hot months & hardly get anything during the cold months, unless I park in the sun. I gave up on aroma beads & had little luck w/ corn cob. I'm currently testing wood balls. I came up w/ a great presentation, but not getting the scent I want ... yet. From what I've read, fo's w/ high alcohol don't stand a chance, since alcohol evaporates quickly. There has to be something that helps prolong the structure of the fo when exposed to air, but I haven't found it ... yet!

Susan.

It is the heat but I do not claim that they will last longer in the summer. If you think about it no car freshener last a long time in the summer months. Our cars just get to hot. I know here in the heat of the day my car reaches 150 on the inside if not hotter it will hold that heat 4 to 8 hours every day depending on if I leave the windows cracked or not. I do not believe any air freshener will take that kind of heat long term.

I too was wondering the same thing???? I am using BCS Aroma Beads and several different FO and all only last about 2 weeks if that. I kinda thought it was caused by really hot temps here in Tx, I even started making them thicker and making sure they do not stay in oven too long. Nothing I have done has improved the duration. I recently had one of my wholesale accounts complain and I really do not know what else to do...any advice anyone?:confused:

Lysa

I get mine beads from BCN, so they are probably the same, but my dad has been using a Peaks Cinnamon in his truck for 4 months, in the center of Kansas parked in the sun. Though my jasmine in my car only lasted for about 5 weeks. But mine are straight beads in an organza bag. No fun shapes. Though my mom's did melt into a flat disc when she set it on the dash (after I told her not to and it's on my warning label:p).

I think we are talking apples and oranges here.

In the car versus sitting in the house are 2 different things. Also just because the bag still smells does not mean anything I have a bag in my car for 2 months that if I picked up the bag or touched it then smelled my fingers, the smell was still there but did my whole car still smell like it no.

I have a jar in my little bathroom at my shop that has been there for a year and if I sniff the jar I still smell the scent pretty well but my bathroom does not smell like it, it has no throw left and has not for a long time.

That is also why I do not let others test stuff for me they would pick up the bag or jar and sniff and say it still has scent and that is what they would report back and say it still smells.

Temp makes a big difference, a freshener is not going to last as long when temps are 105 to 118 outside compared to place where just seeing 100 couple times a year is the hottest it gets.

Now a bag that has been sitting in the house for a while a month or two and then I take that bag and toss it in a hot car will throw for a bit about a week is what I get in that case.

These reasons and and a few more is why we see different reports from different members about any air fresheners. Things work different depending on where you live.

I use the blanks(cardboard) and they last forever.My friend said hers lasted 3 months and still had some scent. I had 1 in my car and after several months tossed it since it was fading.

I have used the corn cob but I prefer the blanks. Neighbor said her corn cob sachet(first ones I made) was so strong she put it under her seat and the scent lasted a long time. Might go back to those along with blanks for a choice for customers.

LynnS