Impuse Sealers ?

I can't say from experience, I've used my FoodSaver for that stuff.

But I always figured when it's time to buy one, if I can afford it to get the 12". I may not need it now, but in a year or something, I may, depending on how much stuff you guys keep posting!!!

I use a 12 Inch Sealer. It would depend on what you were mostly going to be sealing to which size you would need.

The most important thing, in my opinion, is to make sure you buy one with a cutter. Soooo much easier and the end finish is soooo much better. I bought 2 before someone gave me this valuable advice.

Cheers,

Hells

I would love to have a 12-inch with a cutter, but I bought mine (8-inch) from Harbor Freight for $19.99 in 2006. Shortly after I got it, I couldn't find them any more so I think they may have discontinued them. But I just did a search and they now have a 15-1/2 inch model for $39.99, so that seems a pretty good price, but it doesn't mention having a cutter, either, so I'd bet it doesn't. I think that would be very nice to have.

The 8-inch fits my needs most of the time because I mainly use it for soaps, but occasionally I want to heat-seal a shrink wrapped gift basket and the longer one would work much better for that (I've only heat-sealed some bread-basket shaped ones and put the seam on the bottom, so it doesn't really matter so much that it isn't a "pretty" seal).

Jane

Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Call Art and tell him what you need.

http://www.nationalshrinkwrap.com/page/page/4625591.htm

I had a smaller impulse sealer when I saw him at a soap conference. I watched him quickly wrap several bars of soap in a very short period of time. Wrapping everything indevidually was a real pain.. especially knowing it could be done much faster. I hemmed and hawed about the investment of the system but it is some of the best money I have ever spent. I have shrank wrapped hundreds of melts and soaps. With another film I also do gift baskets. Have yet to need any replacement parts too. The smaller one was always breaking down.. and always right before a show. He is great to work with and the customer service is awsome.