Brambleberry vs SouthernSoapers

Ok, I've been to both websites and love them both. I was struggling with the decision as to which one to pick. I thought it out and came to the conclusion that with BB, I could save money due to the fact that most fragrances come in 5lbs at a good savings. I wish SS had the 5lb available.

I had picked out 24 samples from SS to try, but I think I will narrow it down to 10 of the earthy & woody scents. It will be hard, but with the economy the way it is every dollar counts:rolleyes2

What are your thoughts on this?

Never having ordered from BB (but knowing they have a sterling reputation among soapers), I must say I've been very happy with each and every FO I've tested from SS.

Kelly's a dear to work with too. I'd email her and ask about 5# discounts, she's very likely to work with you on it and make your decision making process that much harder. :shocked2:

• 1 month later...
Ok, I've been to both websites and love them both. I was struggling with the decision as to which one to pick. I thought it out and came to the conclusion that with BB, I could save money due to the fact that most fragrances come in 5lbs at a good savings. I wish SS had the 5lb available.

I had picked out 24 samples from SS to try, but I think I will narrow it down to 10 of the earthy & woody scents. It will be hard, but with the economy the way it is every dollar counts:rolleyes2

What are your thoughts on this?

Southern Soapers DOES offer a 5% discount on 5 lbs of the same FO, 10% discount off 10 lbs of the same FO, and a 25% discount off the 25 lb drum of the same FO. You simply put the number of pounds you are ordering and request the Volume Discount. The info is located on the FAQ page also, :)

http://southernsoapers.com/cart/index.php?main_page=page&id=11&chapter=0

JUst don't forget to put a note that you are requesting VOLUME discount.

I absolutely love Brambleberry! Wasabi and Vanilla Sandalwood (or is it Sandalwood Vanilla?) are two of my all-time favorite FOs.

One time an order I placed at BB arrived in a bag. One bottle broke open and another one leaked. I went through the order and sent them a detailed note about what was missing. A couple days later I received another entire order! Instead of just replacing the broken/leaked FO, they replaced them all. And shipped it to NH in 2 days. Great customer service.

I hear what you are saying, socoolsoaps. The names of the FO on SS are really cool. Very enticing. The few I have gotten have not been as unique as the name lead me to believe though. They were not bad by any means, just not really different like their names implied.

I love SS but I too have started to notice the same scent blends in some of the descriptions. I now really pay attention to the blends in a scent so I don't buy similar FOs since I have always been pleased with orders.

While I have always been more than pleased with both companies, I've not bought any fragrances from BB but would not hesitate.

BB, I have found that SS has unique names, but many of the oils smell the same as others which can be disappointing when you thought you got something new and unique.

Agree. For the high cost of samples, it really p*sses me off to get FO's that I already have from other suppliers that sell them by their real names. I'd save the cutesy or unique names for unique FO's. Pink sugar is pink sugar, why freaking rename it? :mad:

BB, definitely...we don't use them alot due to our budget, but they rock! :thumbsup: