Had to try a Christmas Tree

Jcandleattic

OMG, look at that messy table!!! LOL Just kidding, you cant even see my table because of all the mess! Really, im not kidding! Nice candle! I always worry about shipping/packing with ones like that where the cuts are thin and stuck away from the body so much. Sorta like the water candles that donita has been making they sure dont pack up well but Im not the most carefull person in the world either.... Keep it up girl. Bruce

OMG, look at that messy table!!! LOL Just kidding, you cant even see my table because of all the mess! Really, im not kidding! Nice candle! I always worry about shipping/packing with ones like that where the cuts are thin and stuck away from the body so much. Sorta like the water candles that donita has been making they sure dont pack up well but Im not the most carefull person in the world either.... Keep it up girl. Bruce

Well, Bruce. It was your candle that you posted, what about a month ago? that gave me the idea of this. I didn't do the grubby/rustic texture to it (wouldn't have had time anyway.. I'm slow!! lol), or the candy cane on the swirls, but I'm happy with it. :)

Well, Bruce. It was your candle that you posted, what about a month ago? that gave me the idea of this. I didn't do the grubby/rustic texture to it (wouldn't have had time anyway.. I'm slow!! lol), or the candy cane on the swirls, but I'm happy with it. :)

You know when you add the rustic stuff to it by dabbing wax on the candle with a round parts cleaning brush... it makes the candle hold heat better anyways. You really have LONGER time to carve it since you dont dip it in water after you dab on the wax. More wax = more insulation = longer carving time. You just cant dip it in a final coat of wax when you done or you lose your rustic look. :) Bruce

Thanks everyone..

Kimberly, this isn't my first time carving, just my first time carving a tree.. But this is the first carving that has turned out exactly the way I had imagined it in my head.. lol

Total I've probably only done about 15 carved candles. :)