Sink Refreshener bulk package

Thanks me too! Unfortunately I can't do the huge festival next weekend that I was preparing for as I had a complete hysterectomy 5 weeks ago and am now recuperating from pneumonia and knew I wouldn't be prepared so had to pull my registration out. I am hoping to showcase the stuff next Sat. at our local farmers market. They charge $5.00 for a set up and you are allowed unique craft items. So we'll see. I'm thinking I'm going to charge $8.00 for these. You get 8-12 treatments from one package depending on how full you fill the scoop.

Looks great! I have that same phrase "No more stinky sinks" LOL I have a huge bag of wooden scoops that I didn't know what I was gonna use them for so I hope you don't mind me using that idea, I package mine in the same type bags and never thought to just hang the scoop from them. I use to make bath salts and package them the same way but it didn't click to do it with the sink fresheners LOL

Sandy~WI

edit: I posted the recipe in this thread where someone had asked about it http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73057

I originally had the scoop laying flat across the top of the powder but it just didn't look nice. My neighbor drilled the test one for me and I really do love the look of it so now I have a job for him. The scoops I am using are not rounded, they are flat edged so I was a little worried about it cracking, but no problem. I thought about packaging in jars, but then thought about possible breakage. I hope I can get a few of these sold. I love using it in my sinks. I'm just having a brain freeze with what other fragrances to make. I know what I like but it's always hard to guess what others would purchase. I have red hot cinnamon, verbena lemongrass, tealeaf and grapefruit and hollanburst which I have renamed shower fresh. I'm going to mix up a couple others that would be bathroom appropriate and I think lemon Chiffon and not sure what others for the kitchen, probably some type of apple. I am recuperating from a 5 day hospital stay with pneumonia so I do not want to mess with any fragrances for awhile. I have until the first weekend of October for my next upcoming show. I had to withdraw from the huge one next weekend.

I think your packaging is very nice!

One thought though, and I can't really speak from experience, but I remember reading several posts a while back about packing products with citric acid in the foil pouches...apparently some experienced 'exploding' bags after a time due to a reaction between the acid and foil:shocked2: Wish I could find the thread...I believe the consensus was to use the all clear bags instead of the foil. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Guest jurnalynn

i love anything orange for my kitchen so i think the sweet orange eo would work great with these and maybe lemen all are good kitchen scents...........Laura