For those that do the aroma ornies car fresheners

moniek

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is the reason for using the candle dye (oil based) is that fo is oil based as well, so therefore b&b dyes are water based and won't mix.

Nope you are absolutely correct!! :cool2:

You have to use candle dyes. But make sure you use them spairingly or the colors will be way to dark. Regina

This is true. On my first try, I mixed 4 oz of beads and 1 oz FO in an 8 oz mason jar....was trying to achieve a med. blue color, put (2) drops of navy liquid dye, and it turned out a deep dark blue.....should have known better...so I quickly added more beads and FO and lightened the color up a bit.

BTW, I put the beads in the jar, added the FO...then dropped the dye on top. Then I immediately put the lid on and shook it all up well, the dye blended in very well. I don't find it necessary to first mix the dye and FO only, unless I'm using less than a drop of dye. Just make sure you use a jar large enough to give you some shaking room...i.e. don't fill it to the brim with beads and FO.

Since you haven't made these before, HTH.

• 2 months later...

I have used the soap dyes on occasion, they do color the beads. You do have to use alot of dye but you get nice pastel colors. I tried it because I had someone order lilac ornie and you can't get light purple with the colors I had so I thought what the @#%@. Very pretty. I do like the more vibrant colors of the candle dyes though.