Anyone heard from Upland yet?

asheebeans

After a few unanswered emails, I tried calling yesterday and got an answering machine. It has now been over a month since I ordered my mold and no mold, no emails, no phone call, no nothing! Bloody hell, if my shipment is going to be held up--fine, but LET ME KNOW!! I still have my other molds and this new one is strictly to play with....but I would like to know the status of my order. I wish they would take the time to send out a mass email or post something on their homepage as to what's going on. I'm beginning to get frustrated! :angry2: Does anyone have any updates?

No updates on my order of May 16 either. I am going to try calling them tomorrow to cancel but how can I cancel if they don't answer the phone??

Some good news is that my Tank soap cutter arrived so I am amusing myself with it. What a wonderful piece of equipment it is and so well built also.

Just an FYI, Silvermoon seems a bit snowed under. My order was supposed to ship a week and a half ago. Then they told me they needed extra time cause I had TWO custom jobs (same width and height but 2 different lengths) so it would ship Monday. Yesterday I asked and was told the carpenter is now sick. I think they must be overwhelmed. But at least they are communicating which is SO important.

I think between here & the Dish they've gotten a TON of orders in a short time so it's not surprising they are a bit behind - quality takes time.

I'll take SM over Upland (tho I do love my Upland molds) any day of the week.

I have both upland and silvermoon, and honestly I like the silvermoon much better. I love the thick plastic mold that just slides together and is completely washable, and the liner is thicker than my upland. I especially like that they don't charge an arm and a leg for custom sizes. The quality, and customer service is great!

I got mine today! I've spent all afternoon figuring out which soap I am going to put in it first! LOL On this one, the silicone is very faint pink.... My first one I got was red, next one was mint green, now pink! Hey as long as it does it's job, it can be puke color for all I care! I'm just glad it's here and I can break it in good and proper! :D

I finally got my upland mold 2 wks. ago, sorry for not posting sooner. I do like it very much, but it was a bittersweet moment when I opened it up from shipping. The one end panel had a split off part from the cut on the edge, and it had popped off. Then on more inspection, I noticed while banded in shipping, the bands on that broken section had bent the wood. :cry2: I am not very wood smart, but it seems as if this "Russian" wood that she said used, looked more like pressed wood, thin and not as thick as other wood molds I have seen in the past.:undecided The mold itself is white, and thin/flexible. I does make nice bars via the cut marks on the bottom, but found the edge pieces of my soaps seemed not to cure out as evenly as the rest, so it damaged the soaps when removing from the mold. Will have to let more cure time be allowed, and care when removing from the mold. Still working with the new mold, while waiting on the replacement end panel, which when calling about this, and being assured it would be replaced, it has not showed up to date. So, I guess its usable as is, till the end panel shows up for a tighter fit. Hope that shows up sooner than the mold order itself..Rating this mold/service I would say they need help to keep up with customer demands and a person to handle calls, for customer service. I to tried to call and left messages, surprised myself that when I did make my last call, the owner answered and it was shipped the following week. Wish this was a better experience for buying a slab mold but thats the way it goes. :undecided

Thanks my friend, yea, trying to save a bit on cash, and ya get what ya pay for I guess..I called today, yea, had to leave a message about my replacement part. Still no reply yet. At least I can use it but carefully. She did send it the best way to save me money, but wish it wasn't broken when I got it..Thanks again Barb, making soap today with Cool Water..smells awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out with my first attempt to swirl in this type of mold. First time I filled that thing up, and all my bars were to big for my boxes! lol..Think I got it under control now! lol..:D

Hope all your soapings are going well with this damp weather we have been having. Can't keep up with the weeds!

wezzer

Silvermoon is probably backed up with orders for several months now.

Barbara AL

It seems to take about a month to receive molds now - not to shabby. It's probably shorter for some - my order involved two different custom sizes.