Peaks Cotton Wicks

Any one here use these? They are nice. So far any way. I was just curious if any one uses these. I am getting almost a Full MP in a 4" container with J223 No smoking and just a small hardly noticable mushroom. I may go up to the next size being there is a slight hang up even after 7 constant hours.

I've recently picked up a sample pack from Peak's to try out. I've been using the HTP in my containers (6006) & they smoke like a bad dog! From what I've come to understand, the smoking is indicative of using too large of a wick; ergo, I ought to wick down. Right now it's just too dang hot to turn on the oven to remelt & rewick. I have certainly learned the value/importance/strategy of post-wicking, which is to say, put the wick in later to make it easier to pull out when it becomes evident the wrong wick was used. I digress.

Glad to hear from others that the cottons are working well, & I look forward to trying them out soon!

• 5 years later...

I use a cotton. My 3" diameter pillars burn nice with 44-32-18 cotton. On a 4 hour burn, they're just fine. 6 hours and that's OK too, maybe a slight mushroom.

12 hours and they need to be hugged a bit. I was not using vybar, I think if I do it might stiffen up the wax a bit.

I use Peak's cottons in some candles. They are nice and don't mushroom as much as some wicks. They are not ECO wicks. I can't say for sure but I think they are Wicks Unlimited. You can see the same colored thread in them. Bittercreek North has the Wicks Unlimited cottons. I have their sample pack but when I tested, they seemed to be different than Peak's wicks. It may be the wax coating.

The cotton wicks carried by Peak are Bruce's cotton wicks from Wicks Unlimited in case you're familiar. I think they're great! BCN also carries them and I think there's a couple other places but can't remember right now. They have the colored thread which I love love love.