BCS has had 2 wax price increases since Feb.!

I get wax from a local supplier.Thank Goodness because of shipping but they said be prepared with the new shipment coming.The price is going up. Will be the biggest hike for them.So I do see where by fall it will be even higher. Gas is going up to $5.00 a gallon next month from what I hear.:sad2:

LynnS

I buy my soy wax locally and we've had 2 price increases in in 6 weeks! Needless to say, I'm quiting the candles. Customers are upset but they don't understand until I pull out the recepts to Prove to them that I'm telling the truth. Wax prices for me locally have nearly doubled! from $ 40.00 a case to $ 73.00 in less than 6 months and wax is still climbing. Not only that but who going to make the choice to buy a candle when they havve to buy gas and food first?:embarasse

Fire

I'm with ya on that one.............sales have been steadily declining here too and yet I'm finding myself having to raise my prices. My wholesale accounts are buying but it's taking a while for them to move what is on their shelves. My big seller is aroma ornies though and with those being under 4.00 most people will buy one if interested.

I buy my soy wax locally and we've had 2 price increases in in 6 weeks! Needless to say, I'm quiting the candles. Customers are upset but they don't understand until I pull out the recepts to Prove to them that I'm telling the truth. Wax prices for me locally have nearly doubled! from $ 40.00 a case to $ 73.00 in less than 6 months and wax is still climbing. Not only that but who going to make the choice to buy a candle when they havve to buy gas and food first?:embarasse

Fire

Yup, I'm out too. At this point, anyone buying from me shouldn't be in the first place. (I sell exclusively to people I know, and I KNOW they don't have money for extras right now).

-Kristi

Reading on I think this is a sad situation for the candlemakers and soon some suppliers will be bowing out. Makes me wonder if things will get better.If it is food or candles/bills people must eat and live.I remember when my kids were young and husband lost his job. We had to eat so I only paid 1/2 of our house payment. I was never questioned but people today are not getting that chance.They are being forced out. :sad2: All about money.

Just as I am typing this husband just walked in to say a special meeting is being held Monday at his work to see if they will be closing that big plant down. :sad2:

LynnS

Reading on I think this is a sad situation for the candlemakers and soon some suppliers will be bowing out. Makes me wonder if things will get better.If it is food or candles/bills people must eat and live.I remember when my kids were young and husband lost his job. We had to eat so I only paid 1/2 of our house payment. I was never questioned but people today are not getting that chance.They are being forced out. :sad2: All about money.

Just as I am typing this husband just walked in to say a special meeting is being held Monday at his work to see if they will be closing that big plant down. :sad2:

LynnS

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your husband, LynnS - I know the agony of waiting...