Vista Print Scam Got Me Too!!! PLEASE READ

VISTA PRINT SIGNED ME UP FOR MAXIM MAGAZINE....:mad:

Without beechcreekcandles scam alert about Vista, I would have been billed for a years subscription to Maxim Magazine that I did not know about. I received the magazine in the mail today and called Maxim. Maxim said they would not billing me, but a third party that I ordered thru would be!!

I knew who exactly who that was too.. VISTA PRINT!!

I called Vista and they said yes, I was signed up for years subscription!!

I said that I did not accept a rewards program nor any other subscriptions!!

Siad she would cancel my subscription.

I called my CC company, had them close that card and reissue me a new card. Now they can't charge me for things that I did not order..

I suggest you all call Vista if you have placed orders with them and see if you are signed up for anything.

Call 1-800-961-2075 and hit #3 FOR SCAM!!

(#3 is just for vista rewards and passport to fun and all the other scams )

beechcreekcandles...THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP AND YOUR POST!!

thread..http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72161&page=3

ETS: I just googled Vista Print Scam and pages of information came up about them and how they give other companies your personal information and CC #'s and charge you unauthorized charges.. Read this link.. This poor woman did not even complete her check out process!!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/137/RipOff0137239.htm

I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!

Those low-dow floor-flushing knocked-kneed dirt-munching yellow-bellied sap-suckers!

Okay, that is my father in law's favorite saying! :laugh2: When you say it, it just has to roll fluidly off of your tongue.

Glad you caught it but what a crappy business practice!!

I have said it once and I will say it again, overnightprints.com allllll the way for me. GREAT quality, great prices (no upload fees) and awesome customer service. And no surprise magazine subscriptions.

Note: to anyone who flushes floors, has knocked knees or likes the taste of dirt or sap, please do not take offense to our little saying family saying.

And I continue to say to those who say "well I've not been scammed so they can still have my business" - do you REALLY think it's ok to support a company that operates this way? You may not have been caught but there's an ethics issue IMO.

Those low-dow floor-flushing knocked-kneed dirt-munching yellow-bellied sap-suckers!

OMG.. I needed that!! LMFAO!!:laugh2:

May I put the in the next email I send them?? LOL

Carebear - Your right - It is an ethics issue!!

I called and canceled the subscription earlier today and asked for a confirmation email. Said they would get it one right out to me..

Around 5:00pm called them and said I never received it.

The new girl told me that is was not never done..

I was still signed up would be billed!!! :mad:

She told me she would cancel it.. Yeah right!!!:rolleyes2

Thank God I canceled my CC #......

And I continue to say to those who say "well I've not been scammed so they can still have my business" - do you REALLY think it's ok to support a company that operates this way? You may not have been caught but there's an ethics issue IMO.

Can't punish companies who haven't done anything to me personally.

Besides, we don't know what was checkmarked, looked at, applied for etc. that maybe the person didn't pay attention to (not saying it's what happened here, just saying we can't prove it), so someone has to post the good with the bad. I even know of some well-intentioned people who accidentally signed up for a credit card, through an airline because they wanted to save 10%.

Well said!

Besides, we don't know what was checkmarked, looked at, applied for etc. that maybe the person didn't pay attention to (not saying it's what happened here, just saying we can't prove it), so someone has to post the good with the bad. I even know of some well-intentioned people who accidentally signed up for a credit card, through an airline because they wanted to save 10%.

Punish? I just don't do business with a company that is DESIGNED to fool people, even if *I* personally can avoid it. I don't like the way they operate, don't like their ethics. I don't call that punishing though, I just call it choosing where to cast my financial vote.

Anything designed to trick consumers into committing to something are unethical and I do my best to avoid companies that do this. And I grin with glee when the class action law suits get slapped on them.

That's how *I* think - each of you should, of course, base your decisions on your own priorities.

Note: to anyone who flushes floors, has knocked knees or likes the taste of dirt or sap, please do not take offense to our little saying family saying.

Yeah but what about us yellow bellies who do not munch dirt or suck sap? Just because we have yellow bellies are we to be grouped in here too? I'm taking offense. And I'm calling every member of the Simpsons too.

Yellow bellied ------->:waiting:

Punish? I just don't do business with a company that is DESIGNED to fool people, even if *I* personally can avoid it. I don't like the way they operate, don't like their ethics. I don't call that punishing though, I just call it choosing where to cast my financial vote.

Exactly!!!!

If I feel I need to be on the defense when buying from a company so that they don't throw in some kind of subscription, then that is not a company I want to do business with.. Period...

They have scammed thousands of people all over the world!!

Google: Vista Print Scam...

Plus:

They never sent any type of confirmation email to me about this subscription, nor the terms.

They did not have the subscription on my invoice or in my check out cart.

It seems to be a hidden charge.

Then when you do go to cancel, it is not done!!

The sad part is they have good products.

I was ready to order a boat load of cards, hats, magnets and pens that I will now not order.

I did look and check or uncheck all the boxes when I ordered from them and I am very surprised that they got me!!!

To me, this type of business is a as bad as a pick-pocketer!!!

Wow

I have to agree Islandgirl no sense doing buisness with someone if you have to make sure nothing is slipped in on the sly.

Just curious why they would conduct buisness like this anyway , They would have to know someone is going to get tick off about it at some point and word of mouth will spread and there goes thier customers.

I cant see how it would be worth it to them to align themselves with a setup like this .

Actually, it was quite easy to find the information, through googling "scam".

I saw on the vistaprint.com site where the rewards program is fully detailed.

Considering how much email goes to spam these days, and that providers are routinely blocking emails, I can easily see how that gets missed as well.

Honestly, if people can't even see how long they are being billed $14.95 in their credit card statements, I'm expected to believe that they are 100% sure in no way, shape, or form they didn't click on something else? I mean, half the complaints I googled are for MONTHS of billing.

For examples, look at the dates of complaints versus when people discovered the billing: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html

Linda of Jacksonville, FL (06/04/08)

I ordered some personal check in August of 2007. Unknowingly, they started charging my credit card $14.95 per month every month since then.

$14.95 per month for 10 months = $149.95 for NOTHING!

Terry of Columbus, OH (05/28/08)

I bought some business cards etc. from Vista Prints in Nov 07 and then, every month after my original purchase, my credit card acct was hit with a $14.95 charge-- a total of 6 charges. The charge shows as VISTAPRINTRWRDS.

Bruce of Micanopy, FL (05/28/08)

Ordered some stamps and cards from them in June of 2007. I paid for the merchandise in full at the time. I just discovered they have been billing my credit card $14.95 a month ever since.

I'm not saying every single transaction is 100% correct all the time, every time. I'm saying all these complaints about people getting charged for MONTHS and MONTHS don't even pay close attention to their own credit cards.

In fact, MOST of the scam reports have people who admittedly signed up for $10 off.

There ARE ads on the sides people could have easily clicked unwittingly or wittingly, etc.

Again, I'm NOT saying 100% of transactions are correct, but hell, I've had issues from suppliers sometimes for whatever reason, my credit cards, stores accidentally double charging or double scamming. I also take into account just how many people actually use VistaPrint.

You can find a "scam" from ANY place, ANY store that does decent business. How many of us have possibly screwed up a batch of whatever we make? How many accidentally did something that could have potentially ticked off a customer? Multiply that by millions.

I can type in just about any online business and type the word scam and will find the complaints if I'm only looking for complaints.

Miss Mary...

No kidding there are scams out there..:rolleyes2

I am making people aware of the Vista Scam so if they chose to order they will be aware..

I WILL NOT ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN...

I caught this scam from the beginning because beechcreekcandles made me aware of it.

Also when I asked Vista to unsubscribe me from Maxim Magazine, they said they did that, but the did not!!! They were still going to bill me!!

Miss Mary -You go ahead and place that order from Vista.. LOL

:laugh2:

To prove my point about people being "scammed":

Wal Mart Scam:

http://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Target Scam:

http://www.google.com/search?q=target+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ticketmaster Scam:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ticketmaster+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Hobby Lobby Scams:

http://www.google.com/search?q=hobby+lobby+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Michael's Scam:

http://www.google.com/search?q=michael%27s+craft+scam&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

So yeah, anyone can find a bunch of complaints about scams if they are looking for it. Most people here shop at any one of these stores at any given time.

But have the above stores been repeatedly reported to their State's Attorney General's office for the same thing over and over? Are they involved in various consumer fraud lawsuits? If you look as most of those, the majority of the result returns are talking about scams people try to pull off involving the store (How to dress like a Wal Mart worker and steal from the store was my favorite.) Of course a search on "target scam" brings us a ton of info just by the nature of the key words, including pages which state that Vistaprint is the target of several consumer affair agencies for fraudulant scams. I have shopped at Target, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and Michaels for YEARS and never once have I had a smelly charge show up on my credit card that could be traced back to doing business with them.

Even from vistaprint's own filing with the SEC you can tell they are having issues with these "bogus charges":

We derive a portion of our revenues from offers made to customers by third parties who have had their business practices challenged in the past, and if the business practices of these third parties are challenged in the future, our reputation could be adversely affected and we may lose revenue.

For the three months ended September 30, 2007, we derived less than 10% of our revenues from order referral fees paid to us by third party merchants for customer click-throughs, order fulfillment and other forms of co-marketing arrangements. Some of these third party offers are for memberships in discount programs or similar promotions to customers who have purchased products from us and we receive a payment from the third party for every customer that accepts the promotion. Certain of these membership discount programs have been the subject of consumer complaints and litigation alleging that their enrollment and billing practices violate various consumer protection laws or are otherwise deceptive. For example, various state attorney generals have brought consumer fraud lawsuits against certain of these third party merchants asserting that they have not adequately disclosed the terms of their offers and have not obtained proper approval from consumers before billing the consumers’ bank account or credit card. Some consumers have brought individual or class action complaints alleging similar misconduct. We have from time to time received complaints from customers regarding these programs. Claims or actions that may be brought against us in the future related to these relationships could result in our being obligated to pay substantial damages or incurring substantial legal fees in defending claims. These damages and fees could be disproportionate to the revenues we generate through these relationships, which would have an adverse affect on our results of operations.

How do the "scams" you listed above rank with the Better Business Buereau? Let's see... Vistaprint is number five on the Top 10 Complained About Businesses list of for the Eastern Massachusetts, Maine, Rhode Island and Vermont BBB.

http://data-boston.bbb.org/news/complaints_top_10.asp

In addition their ranking is "unsatisfactory."

http://reports.bosbbb.org/Boston/Public/Reports/BrandedReport.aspx?firm=82218

Bottom line, their practices for these charges, while maybe not totally hidden (they may be, I have never done business with them) are unbelievaly deceptive. Do they offer great prodcuts? Maybe. But I am going to do business with those who also offer great products and who have not been brought into litigation because of deceptive business practices. I will do business with those businesses where I don't have to spend an extra 10 minutes reading every bit of fine print and having to quadruple check my bank statement.

And thank you much to those who brought it to people's attention.

I did a search on the board before I chose to use this company so I was aware of having to look closely at every checked box:rolleyes2 and the 10% discount wasn't enough for me to consider. I got my order( last year) with no hidden subscriptions.

However, I have decided not to use them because I hate having to triple check everything:mad: I just wanted to shop and get off the freakin site! I am very happy I read those old threads before I made a purchase...sneaky bastages!:laugh2:

This is part of the email I just got from M2 Mag regarding the Maxim Magizine:

Hello -

In response to your note below, you are receiving Maxim magazine as a result of making an online purchase with VistaPrint.com.

The magazine was included as a bonus offer with your purchase. By default, the subscription was sent to the billing address used during your purchase.

M2 Media Group

HHMMM... That was the bonus I got from Vista Print!!! :rolleyes2

I know I have headache from them!!!!:tiptoe:

Yeah but what about us yellow bellies who do not munch dirt or suck sap? Just because we have yellow bellies are we to be grouped in here too? I'm taking offense. And I'm calling every member of the Simpsons too.

Yellow bellied ------->:waiting:

I am sorry Late Night. It seems I have been caught doing a bit of profiling, huh? I just assumed all yellow bellies were sap suckers and dirt munchers; but alas, you have shown me the error of my way.

So how about this. If you are a yellow belly, I have no issue with you. Heck, even if you are a yellow belly and suck sap, I could live with that. Or, gosh, a dirt munching yellow belly would even be okay. It is just those yellow bellies who suck the sap AND munch the dirt at the same time...that just gets in my craw sommin fierce!

For the time being, just saunter your yellow belly up to my camp fire, we can hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Perhaps VistaPrints itself is not the only one to blame: http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showpost.php?p=672764&postcount=10

(yellow bellied and all the rest certainly apply though - what a sleazy, cowardly approach.)

We don't have permission to see that link, or I don't anyway. :grin2:

I agree with not giving my money to a shady business.

BUT, from your post on the length of time that people were charged before complaining... It would probably take me even longer to realize it. I don't think I've looked at my CC statement in over a year *faint* Yeah I know, I'm asking for it, shame on me! I use it so rarely that I just don't think to check it. Now, if a magazine showed up in my box, that'd get the suspicion running. Course, it's nearly maxed anyway so there couldn't be too much charged on it. Not that that's a good excuse :embarasse I'm just saying I can understand how they didn't notice for a while.

Ok, so this is just too damn coincidental. I have never even been to this website, ever! I just now got an email from them. WTH is going on here? I have the email if no one believes it. My email program would not let me open it without an OK. So how did they just get my email address out of the blue? And now with this thread going on?

Maybe someone has a good explanation for this.