Oh My Goodness Help

OMG...my heart is pounding ! UGH lemme see if I can type straight....

I just placed a order on Millcreeks website...it went throught fine only hit the submit button once...and than everytime I place a online order i checked the website...and the money was taken out 3 TIMES...OMFG...what am i gonna do...i called and no answer left a voicemail...im gonna cry......:sad2:

I called the bank they said they cant do anything unless Millcreek told them too...but seeing I cant get a hold of Millcreek by any form of commucation idk what to do and either does the bank..they put me on hold UGH....This is over 300 dollars :(

Oh, Jess, that's awful. {{{{HUGS}}}} I guess you used your bank card and not a credit card? Either way, you didn't authorize the charges, and there should be some way to stop it from going through three times. If the first person you talk to can't help, go up the food chain and ask to speak to a manager, someone who does have the authority to do something, and keep pestering Millcreek.

Oh, Jess, that's awful. {{{{HUGS}}}} I guess you used your bank card and not a credit card? Either way, you didn't authorize the charges, and there should be some way to stop it from going through three times. If the first person you talk to can't help, go up the food chain and ask to speak to a manager, someone who does have the authority to do something, and keep pestering Millcreek.

Thanks Lisa...Yeah my bank card...you know your visa bank card....Yeah i know I didnt authorize it so i am so clueless why the bank cant just up and reverse it since it is coming from me..its crazy they need millcreeks approval for something that they did.....Yeah i keep pestering millcreek...so sick of the voicemail haha i have it memorized....I think ill call the bank again.,..

I hope you used a credit card. You can dispute any charges that are incorrect. Look on the back of your last statement to find the form to use. Usually it's a simple matter and the credit card company will do the wprk for you. Good luck.

Are the charges just holding or pending, or did they actually take out money? Sometimes amounts will authorize multiple times, but when they actually submit the charge, only one will go through. It takes a few days for that to clear itself up.

And, technically you can't say they are unauthorized. Unauthorized means you never did business with the merchant...ever. If they do go through multiple times, you can dispute the fact that they charged you multiple times.

Now, these are credit card guidelines. Debit card may be different. I worked for a CC company for years working on fraud and disputes.

Good luck and I hope you get in touch with them.

I hear you and no there is no way to stop it. I know from personal experience that the bank WILL NOT just do a reversal, the merchant that charged you card has all the power in this situation. It sucks I know. You can dispute the charges by going into the bank and filling out a form for each charge. But by the time you do that Millcreek will just refund your card because it seems like a simple error,so it is up to you to waste your time in the bank or not. Just a warning it can take up to 10 days to see your money back in your account. However if the multiple charges were with in 5 minutes or less of each other the bank does have discretion to remove the hold, not captured funds, just the holds because it is an obvious mistake.

Only reason I know this is because a few months ago Crazy Mountain charged my card that was attached to my business checking account over $1000.00 for freakin tart warmers! My bill was a little over $300.00 and they ran the sale through 4 damn times accidentally due to new software! I just had to patiently wait for them to refund my money, and they claimed they did a reversal, took about a week with 3 separate refunds.

Thanks everyone still no work...this is my bank card...so I guess we will sit back and wait and see and be sick :( Its still pending because I just did it today....so hopefully i hear back from Millcreek soon....I know it was just a error on there part...so hopefully it will be fixed as soon as I talk to them...Like I said I only recieved the email confirmation once...so it doesnt make sense...

Thanks guys

I hear you and no there is no way to stop it. I know from personal experience that the bank WILL NOT just do a reversal, the merchant that charged you card has all the power in this situation. It sucks I know. You can dispute the charges by going into the bank and filling out a form for each charge. But by the time you do that Millcreek will just refund your card because it seems like a simple error,so it is up to you to waste your time in the bank or not. Just a warning it can take up to 10 days to see your money back in your account. However if the multiple charges were with in 5 minutes or less of each other the bank does have discretion to remove the hold, not captured funds, just the holds because it is an obvious mistake.

Only reason I know this is because a few months ago Crazy Mountain charged my card that was attached to my business checking account over $1000.00 for freakin tart warmers! My bill was a little over $300.00 and they ran the sale through 4 damn times accidentally due to new software! I just had to patiently wait for them to refund my money, and they claimed they did a reversal, took about a week with 3 separate refunds.

Oh my goodness that was crazy! Glad u got your money back. It was done back to back even the bank said so...so yeah. I guess its a sit back and wait game...I gave millcreek my phone number and emailed them with all the info too...so hopefully they will call any everything will be good to go...

Thanks funkymonkey

Just talked to Millcreek....was told that it is only showing up on there account as taking it only once....they said it could be a soft charge....so we will wait til' tomorrow and to make sure the extra charges are taken off.

Millcreeks customer service was wonderful...very nice person to deal with ! WTG Millcreek :)

Thanks everyone for your help :)

I hear you and no there is no way to stop it. I know from personal experience that the bank WILL NOT just do a reversal, the merchant that charged you card has all the power in this situation. It sucks I know.

You are correct. I ordered a Sheer Cover cosmetics subscription, decided it wasn't any better than what I was already using, and called to cancel the subscription. Then I looked them up online and found where many people were saying they were still getting billed by the company after they had cancelled, they were having heck getting it straightened out, and Sheer Cover was not sending products either. So I called my credit card bank, told this, and asked if charges could be refused from a certain vendor to keep this from happening. They said no, they won't take my requests for what to do with MY OWN ACCOUNT, but they'll take the vendors requests for payment. :mad:

Luckily I haven't had the problems I read about, but I was furious that these companies have more power over our accounts than we ourselves do. I don't plan on EVER taking up an automatic payment subscription like that again, for that reason.

Jess, I'm glad your incident looks like it's working out well!

It is totally insane that vendors seem to have more control over our accounts that we do....i dont understand...glad you got your stuff straightened out.

I did call the bank and asked about the soft charge to see why they didnt tell me about this in the first place and they said there is no way to tell what kinda charge it is until it hits the account or disappears...pretty crazy if you ask me.

But hopefully it will all be squared away by tomorrow

Thanks Darbla

Jess, I'm so glad it looks like your issues will be taken care of, and glad to hear that Millcreek was so good about it! Seems like every time we turn around, we're hearing another example of poor customer service - it's nice to hear a good experience once in a while. :)

Don't worry, I have had this happen several times. Even if it is tommorow, the bank will take the charges off, if any and reverse everything. If it is credit, you can call the card no. if it is debit, the bank will take care of it, once you get an ok. Millcreek will reverse the charges and they may be on your account, but they will just drop off after so many hours. Don't worry, be happy. :grin2:

Yep, It will straighten itself out tomorrow. This has happend several times to us. Once when paying DBF's childsupport....the computer hiccuped in the middle of making payment and I had to refresh the page and then showed two payments going out....I was scared to death....but the bank only took one charge out.

tootie