Anyone use EO's in Candles??!!

So I would really like to include essential oils in my line. Infact I would like to move to doing just EO's or fragrance oils with out synthetic chemicals. I have been doing some testing, but citrus burns off before the pored candle even cools. I see people selling soy candles made with "Essential Oils" include citrus but I just don't get how they do it. :confused: I haven't had any luck. Also does anybody know of a company that sells FO with out synthetic chemicals? Sorry if this has been discussed. I don't know much about how forums work yet.:sad2:

Autumn

Autumn Comfort Candles

www.autumncomfort.etsy.com

I haven't tried citrus, but I have used the savory herb EO oils and they don't burn off right away, they last through the candle. I use between 3-5% depending on how strong the herb is. I do add a little olive oil to these candles as well, not sure it does anything but I've never tried the EO without it.

Unfortunately Citrus doesn't burn well period! I work with Both Orange and Lemon EO's for Aromatherapy and cleaning supplies and you cannot burn them. They either throw a fuel smell or none at all. The herbal and floral EO's throw the best.

Melts would prob be fine with citrus, I'd try just a small batch and test it though. In candles I've used Chamomile, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Basil, Parsley, Thyme and Spearmint (you have to watch the load on spearmint, only 3-4% or it gets a fuel smell).

I made tarts with eo's and ran myself out of the house while burning one. It was super strong, and I my daughter said it smelled like a damp sweaty forrest so I named it sweaty nymphs in the forrest:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: I am not sure of the blend:embarasse off the top of my head I will say patchouli, lavender, ginger and maybe 3 others.