RBO, where are you buying now?

Grumpy Girl

Eugenia, I saw on the Dish that some folks who ordered 6 were later charged for shipping. They were told the shopping cart showed $0 because for 6 boxes and up, shipping was manually calculated (which I suspect is due to the hundredweight discount for purchases 200 lbs and up). In your case, I wonder if it was free because you're on their truck delivery route and so they didn't have to use UPS. If anyone wants to get 6, I would advise calling them just to make sure the shipping is really free.

Mystical Angel, if you're on the east coast, it seems you should get a reasonable rate for shipping as the store apparently has warehousing on both the east and west coasts (unless that has changed and they did not update their website). The parent company is Golden West and here's where I saw the info about their east coast warehouse: http://www.goldenwestsf.com/info.html

You could always give them a call to see if you can get a better rate than what the shopping cart shows.

Eugenia, I saw on the Dish that some folks who ordered 6 were later charged for shipping.

If that is so I will be royally pissed! My invoice says $234, shipping included. I spoke to them, they have no East Coast warehouse, everything ships from CA. I'm not sure where that rumor started. I got an email update that it's coming tomorrow, and no mention of additional charges.

e

Thank you! This email is to confirm the receipt of your order from www.HonestFoods.com

If you have any questions about your order, please email orders@honestfoods.com or call us at (800) 584-4481.

Date Wed May 21 18:29:27 PDT 2008

Ship to Eugenia

Bill to Same

Via UPS Ground

Payment Visa

Name Code Qty Each Options

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rice Bran Oil, 35 lb. box TP5701 6 39.00

Total 234.00

Eugenia, if you have not been charged extra for shipping by now, you should be fine. Just consider yourself lucky whatever special you happened to have hit on. As for the "rumor" about their non-existent east coast warehouse, I'm just quoting what it says on their site. Maybe at some point they did have the east coast warehouse, but no longer have one, and failed to update their website.

Lindsay, I'm not sure how long they've had this feature. This was actually the first time I ordered through their shopping cart. Previously I would call them as I had looked them up through their parent company, Golden West, and that website does not have online ordering capability.

If you order six, shipping is FREE! Yes Ma'm, 210# of RBO coming my way.

e

I'd never use six, however if you ever order again and get free shipping, I'd love the opportunity to piggy back an extra container for myself. I can always send you a prepaid label via email for shipping. ;)

Sudsnwicks~ thank you for the additional information.

Thanks for the info so far. It looks like CF is going to be the cheapest and I was really hating that. Last time I ordered from Riceland, I got 12 containers, had I only known.... sigh.

I put 6 in the cart where E ordered and got this message on top...

• The maximum per package weight for the selected shipping method to the selected country is 150 pounds. Shipping charges may be added to your order. For terms, see the info page.

2 of them were a little more than $51 for shipping so I really hate to see what 6 will be. I'd check your statement E, I bet you'll be charged.

I'd check your statement E, I bet you'll be charged.

OMG, you are so right, just checked my bank:

5/23/2008 CHECK CARD PURCHASE XXXXX0183 GOLDEN WEST SPECIALTY XXXXX4481 CA $374.34

Works out to 23.39 each, the original quote was for 40.00 for 1. I am calling them tomorrow! The only reason I placed the order was that I thought if was free shipping, as the cart said "included."

e

Eugenia, I'd call them and give them an earful. :( They should have contacted you for approval instead of simply charging your CC for the higher amount.

I think I am going straight to my bank for a charge back; you are so right that they had no right to debit my card for an unauthorized amount.

e

Yikes! Well I know what company to stay away from, I cuddle my bank card like a child and when something like that happens to me I get royally pissed. Hopefully they refund you.

I did file a dispute with my bank, but have not yet heard back. The fact that Honest Foods (LOL) NEVER informed me of any additional charge yet debited my account without authorization has me totally steamed. I hope my bank sees things my way.

e

I went to the HonestFoods site today and was puzzled by the

* by the statement about shipping and handling included. I put in 6 RBO's and couldn't find an *, then changed it to 5 RBO's and couldn't find an *, I even changed it to 1 RBO and still no asterisk.

Then I noticed a box I hadn't noticed before for figuring shipping. I entered my info and BAM! there was the asterisk, right next to the $20 in the shipping box. It brought my total up to $59 for one box with shipping and handling.

I then changed it back to 6 boxes and also 5 boxes and it reverted back to no shipping charge.

I searched all over that site for some additional info on shipping and only found a small blurb about they will charge you actual shipping with no handling fees.

I assume, like all the other UPS shipping calcs, it doesn't figure hundredweight pricing. It must be figured out and charged later.

Sorry you got screwed eugenia.

What's alarming about such a practice is that you might not have enough money in your account to cover the extra charge. Or you might have written checks in excess of what's left in your account. Either way you'll be in trouble when it's not your fault but the supplier isn't going to be so nice as to pay your overdraft fees. Eugenia, I do hope you can get this worked out in your favor.

I think their shopping cart is fairly new because all this while I have been having to phone in my order. I only noticed the cart recently and it looks like they have not worked out the glitches yet. If anyone wants to order from them, it may be better just to call.

I think if you want the freight charges confirmed, you choose that from the list of shipping options. Otherwise they just expedite the order.

We can always hope, but I don't know if the dispute will come down in e's favor. There's no free shipping offer on the site. Everything says otherwise, even during checkout. It's a bit of a leap to expect they'd give up their profit margin to ship 6 jugs of oil across the country.

The ray of hope is maybe the argument that the procedure for ordering 150 lbs. or more is unclear and liable to cause a wishful thinking adrenalin surge that makes people rush through the checkout process. :)

I almost bought from them but when I finally figured out that there was no sure fire way to determine what my shipping would be I called them on the phone and they then told me about the shipping, for me in Indiana it was just too outrageous and expensive, I agree their shopping cart leaves alot to be desired and has caused several people grief.

Janis

It seems Columbus is the cheapest right now unless someone has the ability to go some place and pick it up direct I know there are a few places out there that sell it and it can be picked up but not many. I am gonna need several jugs in a month or so and will cringe when I have to pay the higher price :(

I don't know about the shipping (since I tend to drive down and pickup myself unless I'm in a hurry) but Colorado Organics has 35 lbs of RBO for $55. Maybe someone from not Colorado can try to see what the shipping charge would be like. I haven't gotten the RBO from them personally but I've been pleased with the other oils I got in the coop I just did.

http://coloradoorganics.net

I just ran out of my Rice Bran in the gallon jugs but when I placed my big Columbus Foods order last month I ordered the rice bran from them. They are only 4 hours from me and shipping charges aren't that bad and I get next day service from them if I order early in the morning.