Do you share your favorite soap recipe?

I am going to rehearse my response to her and hopefully she won't catch me off guard. Now she is offering $$ and my lips are still sealed. And yes, it did take me a couple of years and many batches of soap to find what I consider a great recipe.

If she is willing to buy your recipe from you, that means she knows your soap is superior to hers and she has no confidence in her product. Score one for you!!! I'd be taking that recipe to my grave or make her pay big $$$$ for it. More than she can probably afford but if she wants it bad enough, she'll pay the price and you can laugh all the way to the bank. And you could always tweak it a bit before selling it so you really aren't selling your secret recipe. KWIM?

That's just what the cooks do Meredith! :) I swear my grandma will take her BBQ brisket recipe to the grave with her. The recipe ain't the "same", if you get my drift.

I don't have one, but I wouldn't share with a local competitor if I did. I would here, but only because this board has been so helpful and wealthful for me. But if no one here offered up their ideas and recipes, I sure wouldn't be the first to give it away.

It seems though, any good product maker tweaks a good recipe for themselves anyhow and it doesn't sound like that's what this person wants to do.

Well, she did buy my soap maybe for no other reason than to see the ingredients on the label. I like my recipe and it's tweaked for my skin and the water at our house but she must like it also if she is willing to pay those dollars. For the time being I will ignore her offers. It's funny that I feel so passionate and possessive about a darn recipe, isn't it?

No, I am not going to ask for anyone's recipe but I am always left standing with my mouth open and can't think of what to say when this gal asks for mine. She lives in my area and sells soap also.

Guess I'd be asking her why she's selling soap if she's wanting your recipe.

Carrie,

I've not been in soaping long enough to know when someone is kidding or not. I've already seen some very strange things! Are you serious about the squirrell tallow? The squirrells there must be huge compared to our Georgia ones. Ours have no fat on them at all. It would take 4 generations AND their friends to make a good pot here.:laugh2:

Yes, it's a joke. The frumunda is what would be very hard to collect in bulk.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Now that's one job I wouldn't want to have! LOL!!! Oh my, I don't think the 'Dirty Jobs' guy would want to do it either!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: