Electric Turkey Roaster

Yes, especially this time of year. Presto pots just aren't big enough when you need to pour a lot in a short time. Just to let you know, the first time I heated mine up it smoked up the entire basement. Had to get a big fan going to blow it upstairs and outside. Not sure what was on that roaster that needed to be burned off, but I was surprised, it was brand new.

Oh maybe not. Mine is the kind that comes out ALL over the place this time of year. It's a roaster, not a turkey fryer. The turkey fryer I've seen stand on legs and is narrow and tall, a roaster that we use to melt wax sits on the counter and is about 20" long. Here is a picture.

I heard those turkn Surf fryers work well, there was some talk about them a few years ago, not heard much about them lately, maybe cause of the price, since you can pick up one of these roasters at walmart for about 20 bucks.

post-377-139458384325_thumb.jpg

Quote from another thread:

That turkey fryer concept intrigued me when I first saw it and I know people use those. For that amount of wax, I just have reservations about how it works. In a regular melter the wax is heated from all sides. In this jobbie you have very concentrated heat from the elements on the bottom. I feel that could cause degradation of the wax and other ingredients as they go past the heating elements.