Holiday Weekend..what are your plans?

I want to get a few things made on Monday. I need some jewelweed soap for restock, Jewelweed salve also. I am hoping to make some cream soap. I have a few swaps things I need to get packaged up also. On Sunday I am having a large picnic with about 50 people for my SIL, he just got his masters degree. That's certainly worth celebrating. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Monday is my birthday, so no working then for me, but I plan on making some soap all for me -none to share- and might make some shaving soap for my dad, mom says he's running low.

I got some bentontie clay with my last order from the sage and think it would make both a nice facial soap for me and my oily skin, and some excellent shaving soap for dad and anyone else.

Otherwise nothing else planned, besides doing all my laundry and deciding what to pack for our upcoming vacation.

Hubbie and I are finally putting up cabinets and shelves in our work room , Its going to be awesome haveing a place for every thing .

My husband is getting the measurments so we can do that exact thing. We already have the shelving and cupboards, now we just need the walls to put them on. :) It would be nice to have better lighting down there too, but that will come in due time. :)

This weekend all I'm doing is making up some liquid soap that is due for a swap next week (It's from a base - with some of my goodies added - so it doesn't need as long of a cure time) and that's about all I'm doing this weekend. I *might* give REAL LS a try again, since I have all of my ingredients now. But I've tried 7 times, with 5 different methods, and I STILL have not found one I like. LOL

I AM going to try both SoapFreak's and Z's method (they both look very similar in certain ways) and see which one I like better.

Oh and I'm gonna play with my embroidery machine that my mom got me for my birthday last week. :) She also gave me a Rose Alphabet Cross Stitch design for it so that's what I'm gonna practice with. :)

Oh and I'm gonna play with my embroidery machine that my mom got me for my birthday last week. :) She also gave me a Rose Alphabet Cross Stitch design for it so that's what I'm gonna practice with. :)

What kind did you get? I love my Viking. They are so much fun to play with. I wish I had the time to play more. I used washcloths. I picked up a few 12 packs for about 2.00 each pack. They were easy to work with. My family and friends have a good supply of them now, lol.

What kind did you get? I love my Viking. They are so much fun to play with. I wish I had the time to play more. I used washcloths. I picked up a few 12 packs for about 2.00 each pack. They were easy to work with. My family and friends have a good supply of them now, lol.

It's a Brother PE-150. It's an older model, the one my mom started with years ago, but it's a good starter one for me, and a good one to learn on. :) I've been playing around with it, but can't get the card to work, so I've just been playing with the preloaded settings. So even though it's about 87* outside, I've been embroidering snowmen. :)

I must make some more shaving soaps. I've got some more new FOs I want to soap and try my hand again at LS. I need to make bath bombs but it has been rainy here so that will have to wait for now.

Away from soap and B&B, I have to finish the touch up painting of the trim on the house and scrape the old paint and repaint a fence. And I have to shave my dog too. I'm not shaving them all the down just shorter. I've got the other ones done but now must get the last one done. They are labbies and look pretty funny shaved, but I don't care. We've never shaved them before but I'm trying it this year because I am sick of the dog hair.

I plan to make 5# of Cool Citrus Basil and 5#Coconut Lime Verbena Tomorrow!

I madde 10lbs of Potato Salad last night for a church gathering this afternoon! Will make my Lye Water before heading over to the church gathering and make the soap when I get home!:yay:

Later this week I have to renew my Driver's License and tags! GRRRR:rolleyes2

Fire

Now that I'm home from working the early part of the weekend I'll make some lip balms (must restock) and get back to soaping. Just cut up the silk haiku before I left. Still a little disappointed the light blue looks like mint lol. Also will be working on more sections of the website so it can return to its live state soon.

I cant wait to be able to make soap, lotions and scrubs in my new workspace! I am still moving in and man it is a chore! I HATE moving. Besides moving we are still doing the finish work. So, I will be painting trim, have to install the kickboard for the cabinets, electical outlets still need to be installed in the bedroom ..still Tons of stuff to do. But the fun part is I get to go shopping for new organization systems...YAY!!!!