Has Anyone worked with Accu-Soy#16 from Swans?

Im a newbie - made my first votives with this wax. Poured at 150

used a # 9 wick Swans thats all it said on package. They burn correct, no problems with how they look, nice cold throw. however only a faint hot throw, added FO at 6% right before pouring used a good Quailty FO , cured for 3 days. Should I up The Amount of FO wax states it can hold up to 12% or should I try a hotter pour Temp or should I try Both. Sorry this was so long. Any imput would be appreciated.:confused:

Im a newbie - made my first votives with this wax. Poured at 150

used a # 9 wick Swans thats all it said on package. They burn correct, no problems with how they look, nice cold throw. however only a faint hot throw, added FO at 6% right before pouring used a good Quailty FO , cured for 3 days. Should I up The Amount of FO wax states it can hold up to 12% or should I try a hotter pour Temp or should I try Both. Sorry this was so long. Any imput would be appreciated.:confused:

I have not tried that wax. I would try the FO at a higher %....maybe 8% and see if that helps. If that does not do it, then another wick may help even if the other one was burning correct. But, in a case like this, I have found that it is usually a particular oil just not throwing well in a particular wax. It can happen often. If you can't get it to work, move on to another oil. I have found though that not all waxes will have as good of a scent throw as others. Some waxes will throw many oils well while others will not, which causes one to have to look a lot harder for the oils that will throw well in it. Good luck with your testing. :)

Adding USA often helps with both hot throw and the consistency of the wax. Wicks have a great deal to do with throw as does curing the candle a few days before testing for HT. While each brand of soy-based wax is formulated differently, there ARE some common themes and my best advice is to read, read, read in the veggie wax forum.

Good Luck! :)

longer cure might help as well... try two weeks... you may be able to get away with less, but you should be able to tell hot throw for sure with two weeks.

I agree totally, before you start changing wicks and adding stuff, just try letting the candle cure for a longer period...it may solve the problem and you won't have to do anything different.

Thank you for the replies- I made several for my first batch and will let them cure longer first before I try anything else. It is hard to have patience, I was so thrilled It is hard not to want to light everything and use up every FO:yay: Been Reading like crazy

in all the forums alot of great information.