tin wicking trouble...see pic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Top, it appears that you did not quite reach the edges of the tin on that burn. Curious to see if it catches up on the next one. That will be the real test.

e

E, the photo is deceiving. There was a thin layer stuck to the metal that you couldn't even measure it with a ruler, so I don't think it would be likely to hang up in 4 hour burns. However, there is an LX equivalent to the ECO 14 that has just a teensy bit more oomph. I would be inclined to drop that in, since it took the full 4 hours for the ECO to get as far as it did.

Top, I'm not saying your does not look great, because it does! Last year I was obsessed with single wicking as I prefer the look and eventually did get a single wick to work with every container.

This year I revisited double wicking. I'm finding that with two smaller wicks I get nice small flames, a larger melt pool faster, and better scent throw. I'm learning to embrace the double wick...

e

Top, I'm not saying your does not look great, because it does! Last year I was obsessed with single wicking as I prefer the look and eventually did get a single wick to work with every container.

This year I revisited double wicking. I'm finding that with two smaller wicks I get nice small flames, a larger melt pool faster, and better scent throw. I'm learning to embrace the double wick...

e

If you were here I would be holding up my fingers in a cross. Get thee away from me, double-wicker!

LOL, I'm even in the process of trying to single wick a 16oz square canister. It's 3 inches square at the opening and about 4 inches square in the interior. Call me an idiot. Now admittedly, I'm willing to double wick that one if all else fails cuz I love the container.

Top,

I'm trying to wick my tin with (1) CD20. So far it looks okay. I'll post my results as well. Seems these tins are challenging!

Let us know how the single wicking on the 4"container works. It's like trying to climb Mt Everest with one leg....we're all rooting for you!