Wicking a 12oz Status/Metro Jar

Yeah, I know testing is what it is all about. I am, and have been testing. That is all I do, test test test. :(

I didn't post my wax, fo, etc. because was not asking for someone to tell me what wick to use.

I was just asking if anyone had accomplished this, in any wax.

For example, I am having more success single wicking this jar in my GG than in my 4627. (Not successful, to my satisfaction, but moreso).

This is a bigger diameter jar than I am used to using.

I don't want to continue wasting my time trying to single wick if most people who use this type of jar find it needs double wicking in most applications.

Sorry I was not more clear.....and thank you for your input.

dana :embarasse

I have successfully used a 51-32-18z in the past with the parasoy wax I use. Heavier oils I would use either a 51-36-18z or a 60-44-18z. I agree that double wicking may get too hot, but that is my opinion using parasoy. I also found in my testing that wicking for the bottom of the jar is best, a little hang up with catch up later.

Thanks for input also :) I have a few more singles to try before I start testing double wicks. Not sure if my jars are libby....they don't say they are. :(

Anyhoo.....thanks for letting me know what is working for you!

dana

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Dana, how is the wicking coming along?

Not so good, lol.

I haven't been able to single wick it to my satisfaction ...

so, today I'll pour a tester and double wick...maybe that will burn nicer for me~

Thanks for asking!

dana