Samples

jdscreations

sample containers http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=283 ... GREAT prices, FAST shipping, and EXCELLENT customer service.

I always put 1 to 3 samples in w/ customer's purchases. I know when I order for example at the supplier above she always sends me a sample and I luv getting them and its a GREAT way to "sell" a new product people might not otherwise try!

To ME, One ounce of say whipped shea butter is a HUGE sample to be giving out for FREE. Afterall, shea butter is pretty pricey stuff!! :eek: :eek:

I'm making my shea butter in the one ounce jars(actually holds 1.2oz) to SELL, I've been using one myself for the last two weeks, and I've barely made a dent in it, since a little goes a long ways.

I received from Elle I believe a tiny little flip top low profile container that she put a teeny amount of her lotion in for me when we did the soap swap a while back, and I think those would be perfect for samples of the shea butter.

Maybe she'll chime in and tell us what they are called and where to get them??? ;)

Ok, I'll chime in now LOL. I get those nifty containers from lacons, the web address is www.lacons.com/lacons.htm, but I don't get them on their site, I always click on their ebay button and use the buy it now to order smaller quanities. They ship super fast and the containers are the perfect size for about a nickel size of product.

HTH

Michelle

Elle

edit to say they do not have any of the ones listed on ebay I use but I did email him to see if he will be listing soon. I use the 1" hinged tops

To ME, One ounce of say whipped shea butter is a HUGE sample to be giving out for FREE. Afterall, shea butter is pretty pricey stuff!!

Oh boy, you got that right!! I make a jar just for testing. People can use one of the little wooden spatulas that I have to take a sample out, no contamination and they get a chance to try it without me having to spend all my profits on samples to give them. I also have samples of all my lotion scents that they can test without opening my bottles of lotion. Samples are nice, but they can eat away at your profits. That's why I've opted to do it this way.

To ME, One ounce of say whipped shea butter is a HUGE sample to be giving out for FREE. Afterall, shea butter is pretty pricey stuff!!

Oh boy, you got that right!! I make a jar just for testing. People can use one of the little wooden spatulas that I have to take a sample out, no contamination and they get a chance to try it without me having to spend all my profits on samples to give them. I also have samples of all my lotion scents that they can test without opening my bottles of lotion. Samples are nice, but they can eat away at your profits. That's why I've opted to do it this way.

I do what you do at shows but when I ship out a package I always include a sample of product and scent they did not order. Sometimes it is a sliver off a end of soap or lotion, in the winter months it is shea butter most times. I almost always get a repeat sale from that.

elle

Michelle, I do the same thing with orders. But I was thinking that giving samples out to everyone at the shows would be way to much. So sounds like we both have the same idea: set out testers at shows, and throw in a sample or 2 with orders :yay:

You're right, it's a good way to get a repeat sale.

Why not just get smaller containers and give them out as true samples? And sell 1 ouncers for a set price, not discounted? I'm not sure yet what I'm going to sell my 1 ounce jars for, but it aint gonna be too cheap, this stuff is like magic gold, everyone loves it (although I'm still not so sure about it myself).