Need to replace Royal FO's

I am running out of scents from Royal and will need to decide to discontinue or find replacements. Maybe you can help...

I hate calling them now that they are Trilogy? First you have to tell them what price you will pay for a scent. Makes me think they are charging different prices for the same thing. I just want what I use to buy, but they have no ideal what that cost or if it's the same. At least the people I talk to don't. I called several weeks ago to order Lemongrass, 5lbs, he had to call me back with a price, "he" called and said $10.00 per lb. So I called on Monday to order it plus 5 lbs of Happy. "He" no longer works their and this"HE" doesn't know where the $10.00per lb came from cause it's $14.pp but "HE would have to call me back on the price of Happy. Then "HE" asked "how much do you want to pay". This company is just too much for me to take.... They said I could check Save On Scents, so called them and they will not say they sell the same as Royal. Said it was an internal thing he could not discuss. Could get samples I guess but thought I would try here first.

Right now I need

Lemongrass

Happy

Wisteria

More later but that's good for now. Have tried TCS's Lemongrass and didn't like..

TIA

PS

Does anyone know where Tony, from Royal, went to work.? Another frangrance company?

I use JBN Lemongrass. I have not finalized it in my wicked candles yet. I use it for my melts and wickless. It has started to be a good seller for me this year in the wickless. I did test it a long time ago in the wicked soy and I do not recall it having a fuel smell. Can't remember how strong it was. I think it was medium and maybe medium + in strength. I think I tested it up against one other one but can't for the life of me remember from where. JBN won though (had a tester test it as well).

Personally, I will not deal with Royal. It took me forever just to get samples. The sales rep really couldn't give me any descriptions or recommendations. When I told him what I wanted it seems that there is only one person who gives prices. I told him I didn't want to test things that might be out of my price range. Didn't matter. I told him what I wanted and finally a few days later the price person got me a quote. Too much bother. Bell-Aire was very good to work with as was Lebermuth. Nancy

Maybe I can help. First of all the bigger companies do ask how much you want to pay. They can make a cheap version, or an extra strong version of what you like. I tell them to make the BEST version and give me the price of it. I used a lot of their scents. I wish they had not changed. Lone Star has a Wisteria that is much like theirs. I like Millcreeks Lemongrass better. It sells better. I have tried to find Happy and no matter who I try, it doesn't smell anything like Royals. I gave up on that one. It is hard to replace their scents. Maybe they will lose alot of business and let us order 1lbs. again. I sure hope so. I can't order 5lbs. of some scents. Ya know. Hope this helps.

Do you not have your numbers you bought? I have had no issues at all reordering, just have to met the minimums. Actually, in most cases I don't have to give them a number - they have it on file. Trilogy is a new name, not a new company. The company that has owned RA since it was last sold is the same. I think it's all coming around... Many years RA sold like a small supplier/reseller allowing buyers to purchase small amounts, despite the fact they were a manufacturer. Now it seems like the company wants to deal with buyers as the other manufacturers do, but many of their smaller quantity buyers don't realize how a manfacturer differs from a supplier and/or don't need that volume. The reason a supplier like SOS won't give you the number or formula of their oil is because what is to stop you from ordering it from Trilogy after you get it from them at a markup? The sales rep I have is very nice and I have gotten my samples quickly as usual and a followup phone call to make sure all was okay. I can understand where all misunderstanding is coming from. Sharon if you have your numbers you could call them and order the 5 lbs. then sell that you don't need in the classys. My rep wanted me to continue doing co-ops with them, but everyone has their own numbers and I don't want to get into a co-op where someone can't reorder later if they want because it was someone elses number/formula. I personally could care less if someone uses my numbers, but some do.

Does anyone know where Tony, from Royal, went to work.? Another frangrance company?

A few months ago when all this just started to come to light I did a google search with Tony's full name. It looks to me like he sued the new owners for "breech of contract". I have a feeling he was let go after he sold the company, and didn't really go anywhere. (this is just my speculation, based on what I could see)

Phil, who quit quite a few years ago is working for another manufacturer, I don't have the name off hand but if you'd like I can look for it and give that to you. The company he works for also requires 5 lb min.

Karen B

I could deal with some oils being a 5lb min but you have to assure me it will be the same oil as before. I have my RA numbers as do they but can't get a solid answer when I call to order. I want to know how much the same oil will cost??? Not "wellll, how much will you spend?"

I'm going to order Lemongrass and if anyone wants to go in on Happy, let me know, cause I don't need 5 lbs. I'm thinking all the scents are the same for all of us and they just put a different number so we would think every scent was made just for us. That would be way too much trouble, IMHO.