sugarbee face scrub update

katshe

It's been a while now since I first started making this scrub and testing it and all have have good results as far as break outs .

So I wanted to share my updated recipe

this recipe makes about 40 oz

HEAT till melted

4 TB jojoba oil, may chng to 3tb jojoba 1tb castor-better cleansing

2 TB stearic

2 TB ewax

Mix and add to melted oils and whisk in

8 TB glycerin

4 TB honey

8 TB glycerin liquid soap ( I get at Zerbo's)

Whip with small whisk and let cool will change to a creamy color

ADD to cooled mixture

preservative and any eo's -stir in

Then fold

1c white sugar

1c br sugar

I then scoop into a ziplock bag and cut the corner and pipe into a 5 oz malibu tube.

To Use - wet fingers and apply to dry face and message in for 1 minute...add more water for less exfoliation. Rinse off , tone & moisturize

Eo tea tree , lavender -I add for my son who has had problems with acne and tried lots of products...His skin looks great

I just saw him yesterday , It's been I think a month that he has been using my acne formula line and his skin looks 90 % better.

I also make a toner and a serum for him.

Kinda funny

I asked him if he uses all the products

He said he uses the wash every day with toner and serum everyother day.

Thanks for the recipe...I was just logging on here to see if I could try to find a gentle, non-oily scrub recipe for my face !

I wondered though because you are using volume measurements and not weight....??

dana

Dana mae, homemade liquid will work, I use a natural glycerin made i think with palm and something.

I'll be waiting to see hear how it turns out. keep us posted

Preservative - should use the recommended amount..germall plus liquid is 0.1% - .5% you multiply oz x % gives you what you need to use

so if you are making 40 oz and preserv at .5%

40x.5% = .20

Please check to see usage for your preservative. I do not like to give amounts in case someone is using a different preservative the usage may be more or less.

Tas, if you use melt and pour it will definitely be thicker and you will have to adjust other ingredients. I choose to use liquid , it keeps it soft enough to squeeze out of a malibu tube.

I have another recipe for sugar bubble scrub, my revised recipe that uses my homemade bar soap and it is a firmer body scrub.

Just a Note

This recipe is for about 30-40 ounces of face scrub

I make and sell this - It will make about 4 & 3/4, 5oz malibu tubes filled

You could size it down if you like

Let me see here

I'll list ingredients only for a smaller batch (not the process, please refer to pg 1 for instructions)

Say 7 1/2 oz

1TB jojoba

1/2 TB stearic

1/2 TB ewax

2 TB Glycerin

1 TB honey

2 TB liquid soap

1/4 c white sugar

1/4 c br sugar

preservative

eo's ..if using

Does walmart carry a liquid glycerin soap?

Sorry I responded without seeing the word soap

Liquid glycerin soap is soap I get at the health food store , you can use any liquid soap that you prefer. I have even made this when I started out with shower gel just to try it out.

Sorry for the confusion AkainePSP

Why do I need a preservative if I'm not using water? Honey acts as a natural preservative.

There is no water in this recipe but I use it in the shower and water may be introduced so to be on the safe side I use a preservative

I wouldn't sell it without preservative...