Which type of bath bomb maker .....

Which type of mold do you prefer for bath bombs?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of mold do you prefer for bath bombs?

• Plastic Ornaments
    • Meat Baller
    • Tablet Maker
    • Something Else

I have been using the bath bomb tablet maker and am thinking of trying my hand at round bombs. :shocked2:

So, for those of you that have used both the ornaments and the "meat baller", which did you find easier as far as removal without the bomb breaking in half?

Any comments or insight is always welcome!

I have yet to try a meatballer or anything else for my bombs, much like Call, I use a candy mold to form mine, I like that they are unique over the typical bomb you can buy in a store, but will have to pick up an ornament eventually to try the bomb cakes I saw over on SoapDish

http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82728&st=25 just scroll down a bit to see 'em.

Guest jurnalynn

i use the plastic ornament with a little practice mine don't break apart.......any of the meat ballers i've seen seem to small for my bombs............Laura

I chose meatballer because that's what I use now and now that I have a good recipe (after several trial and error attempts) my bombs come out perfect every time.

I have never used an ornament because my bombs (the bubbling kind) fill the tub with a TON of bubbles with the smaller "meat ball" size.

Maybe one of these days I will try it out just to see how I like it. :)

I have both and the snowballer lol. I have only used the meatballer. I swore that if it was going to be difficult that I had backup. I haven't used any backup. Besides my bombs bubble and I don't have this theory that more is better in this case.

I've done ornaments and meatballer, but what I use now are the little plastic cups the frosting comes in when you buy the tubes of refrigerated cinnamon rolls. They are the PERFECT size. And since we make a tube every weekend I've quite a collection.

Actually I use them for almost everything.

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

Which size meat baller do you all use? I do bubble bombs also and I tried the ornaments for those and ended up with a landslide of bubbles so they are definitely too big.

Well I ordered two of each size from some guy on eBay. Can't think of his name, but none have broken yet. Was just thinking about stocking up on them just to have them or give Rockin his own meatballer (some how that doesn't sound right lol.) When I make, I make with the larger one and use the smaller for leftovers.

I have a meat baller and 2 different size clear ornaments. I much prefer the ornaments. I hated the meat baller - more of my bombs fell apart with it than they do with the ornaments. I also will on occasion use one of my Milky Way molds. I especially like to make them using my Little Critter MW mold.

I have both and the snowballer lol. I have only used the meatballer. I swore that if it was going to be difficult that I had backup. I haven't used any backup. Besides my bombs bubble and I don't have this theory that more is better in this case.

Oh yeah, I have some of those snowballers too. Never thought of using them for the bath bombs though.. LOL The kids actually use them for snow... Umm, I may convert and just try one that big just to see.... LOL

My bombs just fizz, no bubbles. I actually use both the meatballer and the ornament, but now only sell the ornament size.

I find the ornament to be far easier to work with than the meatballer and you make less bombs per batch which gives the mix less time to dry out. In the beginning I think you have more success making big bombs than large.