My wax is being discontinued...HELP!

So, just as I land my first wholesale account, I get news that the wax I'm using will no longer be available! :(

I've been using KY's Improved Perfect Blend since it came out and have loved it.....but was just told by Vickey over there that they are no longer going to carry it.

Common sense tells me to just go back to the old Perfect Blend and just deal with the cracking/frosting issues.....BUT.....I'm just under 2 hours away from Alabaster Candle Supply. I've never used them before because I already had my supplies. Now that I have to use a different wax, I was considering going with the IGI 6006, which they happen to carry. They also carry all my jars, etc.

So, what would you do?

A) Just purchase the original Perfect Blend and deal with the cracking/frosting....

OR

B) Use a place that you can "drive" to that has 99% of all your candle/soaping needs and not pay any shipping, but requires you to test a new wax.....with a new wholesale account that you just landed.

Just as a side note, I currently have about 60lbs of my wax left...

Thank you for any input or suggestions!

I would drive to pick up my wax and supplies. I dont think you would have much trouble with testing the 6006. I am getting ready to test it myself.

If you have 60lbs left will that buy you enough time with the new wholesale account to get the new wax tested??

tootie

I would drive to the supplier then.

I live 3hrs to my supplier and it will take 11-12 gallons of gas to pick up....so I have to calculate how much shipping is to going and picking up and spending 6hrs driving....although there is alot I can get done on my trip to civilization.

Oh and dont just test one wax....research the other waxes they have and pick from what you think is the best.

tootie

I get my wax from Alabaster, I use the 415 and j223. Their prices have of course gone up like everywhere else but no shipping charges. I get my son to pick up a load on his way down to visit me in Florida. I am just starting to test some of their fos. Good customer service so far.

Where in Georgia do you live? I use IGI 6006 and have for about 8 years. I love it. If you are in need of the wax right now, I have about 6 cases of 6006. I would be glad to share to help you out.

Rae