TOG Mold

thesoapbox

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I didn't read any feedback at all, just mainly purchased on the rave reviews here. I am not too happy having to wait and was trying to gauge when I should start emailing to see when I should be getting it. I hope it is worth the wait.

Angi

I did not have a wonderful experience as far as customer service with TOG. Pauls molds are very lovely and work very well. I ended up wanting a custom size, and sold my TOG. I would have loved to have him make me a custom mold, but he took so long in just returning my inquiries that I finally did the smart thing - my hubby made A LOT of very rustic but functional log molds out of a single piece of 1/2 inch plywood. I cover them with saran (I do fresh GM soap so getting it to gel is rarely a problem - stoppin it is however!) I do have to line them - but for the price it has been well worth it!

Hey I have been waiting a month for 2 liners from Upland, which by the way she said she sent, don't think so. Can't wait til Peak's starts making soap molds. LOL At least you will get an honest answer as to when your product will arrive.

I ordered a stock size & it took over a month to be delivered. I sent many e-mails inquiring about my mold but never received any replies. They are very nice molds but I would be very hesitant to order again. I give customer service for TOG molds a 0 out of 5 stars!!!

I have 3 molds from Paul/TOG. Anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get them. I don't have any problem with this whatsoever because he is upfront about it. They are made to order. Please read ALL the wording on his Etsy shop before ordering, especially the last big paragraph. I've never had a problem with communication. My last one was near Christmas time and took longer. I got an email saying why. No problem.

He's just one man who makes wonderful molds. It's not a "company" with multiple employees making molds. A person can only do so much in one day.

I ordered and paid on March 27 and I did read everything written in the paragraph. It specifically states 10-14 business days before the item will be shipped. It was also something that said was "in stock". I was just gauging to see when I should start asking if the item has been shipped yet. Not quite sure why he states shipping is slower this time of year so who knows. I was just wondering if it was customary to have to wait more than the stated 10-14 days and didn't want to come off as a pain in the butt by starting to send emails.

Angi

"Shop Message (sent by the seller to all buyers):

Thank you for placing your order and trust in TOG Soap Making Tools! Your new TOG Soapmaking Tool(s) will arrive soon. Please allow 10 to 14 business days for us to pull your order, fill your order, pack your order securely, and start shipment to you, VIA USPS. I ship VIA USPS 99% of the time. I have 2 weekly pick ups from the USPS; on Tuesdays and Fridays. Your order will ship on one of those days. This time of year, shipping is slower too. Custom orders may take longer, up to 10 to 12 business days after your placed order to ship. Thank you for choosing TOG Soapmaking Tools! We hope you enjoy your individually handcrafted item/s! I will not rush your order for anyone else, or the other way around! We ship on a first come, first served basis. Each item is hand built for you my hands! I am a perfectionist. I will not ship your item until it has been built, and inspected by me twice! This all takes some time. Your patience is appreciated....you will be rewarded wi!

th the best mold, cutter, beveler, or misc. tool or accessory on the net!

If you chose to send me a check as payment for your item(s) purchased, we will not ship your order until the check has cleared your financial institution. This can take up to 10 business days after I receive your check before I even start the shipping process.

Thanks for your kind understanding!"

He's just one man who makes wonderful molds. It's not a "company" with multiple employees making molds. A person can only do so much in one day.

I can appreciate that as being the only one running my biz as well. However, when you purchase something that states "In Stock" then you have every right to believe that the item is ALREADY made, inspected and just waiting to be packed and shipped. If the item stated it would be made at the time of order, then that is a whole new ball game. When I purchase items that say they are in stock, then I expect to get them within a reasonable amount of time.

JMO

Angi

I ordered and paid on March 27 and I did read everything written in the paragraph. It specifically states 10-14 business days before the item will be shipped. It was also something that said was "in stock".

Right on the first page of his Etsy store...

"I am a "one man band" and I do not always have every item that says "In Stock" in stock, since my craftsmanship takes time. Please be aware that the statement "In Stock" is Etsy's wording, not mine. I simply cannot keep every item in stock and continue to construct, box, and ship more molds."

They are excellently made, and the wait is worth it IMHO.

I don't make wood molds like Paul does but my custom made HDPE molds ship in about a week as long as I have a weekend to work on them. I need that weekend because, in addition to our candle and soap business, My wife and I work +40 hours a week at regular jobs. In addition to that, we're both on the TX Soapmakers Assn. convention committee. Oh, and our 4 year old has the nerve to demand time from us as well.

Even with all that going on, I can still get molds shipped in about a week.

I would be happy to help anyone out on a HDPE mold but I won't be able to fill anymore orders until May 1st because my biggest craft show of the year is at the end of this month.

I don't have pictures of my molds on my website yet because my site is still being built but there are pictures of my molds on this forum. Just do a search.

It took about two weeks to get my 12/24 divider mold.

It was worth every second, the quality and craftsmanship of this mold is superior. YMMV~ I hope you get your mold soon.

My belief is that Etsy is also at fault here.

I don't think they actually know if an item is in stock, but I am not clear on their listing policies. Paul is honest and you will get your mold.

If I was going to go HDPE- I'd get a Jeff mold, here is a pic:

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59360&highlight=itsmejeff

It took about 5-6 weeks to get a triple log mold that I haven't used and not sure it will stand up to use. Guess I should use it. I had communication problems with him, but took the matter through how I paid and they were resolved.

At the time there was a tornado, think it was, in his vicinity ... a mile or so away ... so that delayed everything, but it's not a place I'll order from again.

I do love my Jeff mold though! I think HDPE molds will be the way I go ... now just to get all the wooden sizes I have converted to HDPE molds. Just think, no warping, no splinters, no staples coming loose or half shot into a mold, liners that fit, no oil stains. Easier to store, no bent painter knives.

I also love my soaphutch molds for the most part, so I think I'll stick with Jeff and Rich for future needs.

I have several of TOGS molds...my triple log being my favorite. Mine took about 2 weeks to get. I did just order 2 custom molds from Silvermoon last Friday and got a notice last night they will ship this Friday. AWESOME service and they keep you up to date. I can't wait to get these new molds....silicone like Upland. I decided to go that route as with the wooden TOG molds you really have to be at thicker trace to pour or they will leak...and leaking irritates me...LOL I also had to line them with mylar over the funky foam with my tallow soaps as for some reason the funky foam makes the tallow soaps really rough. Anyway...I don't want my molds to control when I can pour and I want nice smooth sides. The 2 I custom ordered will split into 4 logs each with my FCS log slitter and each entire slab will cut down into 68 bars.

I decided to go that route as with the wooden TOG molds you really have to be at thicker trace to pour or they will leak...and leaking irritates me...LOL

Try pouring M&P into the TOG mold.... :D I have to line my 1-lbs with saran, then the liners. But the 12/24 slab is fine, the sides are not removable.

Do you have to line Jeff's molds? I think I went and bought the TOG one because it looked like you didn't have to line it as I am a retard when it comes to lining :wink2:. I probably should have read a bit more here and there about this purchase but oh well, you live and you learn. I just don't understand the concept of putting items up for sale and not actually having it available at the time. That is the one thing I learned quickly with business. If you are placing an item for sale on your website/ebay/etsy, then you better had make sure that the item was already actually made and ready to ship.

Anyways, I think I will order one from Jeff in May and see how that one works out.

Angi

Do you have to line Jeff's molds?

You do not need to line my molds but it is very helpful to coat them with some sort of mold release agent. I use PAM cooking spray or mineral oil. Of course, the softer your recipe, the more your soap will stick to any mold.