Sam's Club Pour Pots

Works great for a double boiler for a 2lb, but awful for wax. IMO anyways. It holds scent - not sure if it's a coating issue or what, but I made some lavender, zapped it, wiped it good and made some Strawberry Kiwi... icky icky poo.

I wanted to do that too... HOWEVER.... Goodwill for some reason is ridiculous with there prices. I went in there yesterday and they wanted $8 for a used coffee coffee.. all I wanted was the pot. They are like that will all of their prices. Hell, everything is donated, so why charge so much? Goodwill used to be cheap as all get out, and now its outrageous. My feeling is, if they lowered their prices to be in line with the used merchandise, more people would shop, and they could help more people with their services.

I researched their background last year, because I was interviewing to be a regional director of operations for the company. They make MILLIONS AND MILLIONS every year. This is from the BBB:

Programs: 66% Fund Raising: 1% Administrative: 33%

Total income $17,510,769 Program expenses $10,591,717 Fund raising expenses 233,803 Administrative expenses 5,284,654

Total expenses $16,110,174

Income in Excess of Expenses 1,400,595 Beginning net assets 13,720,189

Ending net assets 15,120,784 Total liabilities 5,589,171

Total assets $20,709,955

I'm considering... although, I just called the local store, and they don't sell them in store, so I'd have to get them delivered. It'd be like $23.25 for 2 with shipping. I do need them, cuz I am sick of only being able to pour 1 pour a day... having to wait to repour and whatnot.

I would have trouble controlling the pour from a pitcher that size - weak wrists.:o The one-pound pour pots I ordered from Candlewic are pretty cost effective hold a little more than one pound. They are very easy for me to handle and control. When I have to make more than a pound (big pillars, etc.), I use extra pour pots and mix their contents together (careful - no air bubbles!) before pouring to insure everything is mixed well.

The one I am usually now is a 4lber, BUT, if you add f/o, it won't fit... so I've been pouring 3 lb batches, and it's worked well. I just want more.

I got my jars today from CandleMakers (45 lb box... was that fun to carry up the stairs:D), so I need to be able to pour more than one batch a day.

Look for a restaurant supply company - they have all kinds of stuff that can be used for candlemaking. You might even be able to find one that sells used stuff for cheaper prices. And a coffee can works just as good as a pour pot - you can crimp the side to make a bit of a pour spout and it's free :)

That definitely would work... but without a handle, I'd have to wear oven mitts, and I'd be afraid to drop the can. HAHA:cheesy2:

Look for a restaurant supply company - they have all kinds of stuff that can be used for candlemaking. You might even be able to find one that sells used stuff for cheaper prices. And a coffee can works just as good as a pour pot - you can crimp the side to make a bit of a pour spout and it's free :)

I have one I bought from Candlewic. I don't care for the pouring edge. I much prefer the spout on the standard 4# pour pots. This sucker holds a lot, but so much that you just can't pour from it. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I do use it for measuring out my flakes for melting (I blend), and it's great for that.

I use my one pounder to scoop out flake (I mix too), the four pounder to transfer wax from turk & surf to coffee carafe. I also drip wax when I try to pour from the metal pour pots.

Oversoyed definitely keep looking for coffee carafes the tall straight one not the short squaty one by Mr Coffee.

And a coffee can works just as good as a pour pot - you can crimp the side to make a bit of a pour spout and it's free :)

I have to disagree with this one. I tried that. No matter how well I tried cleaning it, even boiling water in it for a couple hours, eventually the darn grounds work their way out of the seams into my wax :mad:

JMO ... wait... JME just my experience :D

You guys will think I'm nuts, but I use the really big cans my church gets green beans in for the soup kitchen. They use an opener that leaves a clean rim. I run them through the dishwasher and dry them in the oven on warm. They are great for 3lb of wax, you can fit 4, but they are hard for me to handle. I squeeze them in on the sides and you get a great crease for a pour spout. The ribs on the outside make them easy to handle and I use an old dishrag to grab onto the top on the opposite side I am pouring from. I get enough of them that I now have two for each fragrance, one for pillar wax, one for container. I put them in a frosted wastebasket liner labeled with the fragrance :Dand line them up on my shelves in the basement. I zero in my scale and just add 3lb more wax to the same can the next time I need that fragrance!

I had to read that like 5 times... I thought it said Surf & Turf... as in you were having a fish fry! :D

These pots are fabulous for mixing if you have a Surf n' Turk.

I agree with previous posters- not easy or precise for pouring.

Anything I can get without paying freakin' shipping is a plus. :cool2:

I have a few of those aluminum pour pots I bought from a candle making supplies company and I like them because I make soy and it seems like aluminum helped the soy wax to cool faster than the other pouring pots. I have no problem with scent retention either.