The Natural Artisan Closing

Well, I just received an email from my C3 supplier stating that they are closing their doors. :( They cited reasons of soywax prices having doubled in the past few years (among other reasons). I was very fortunate because I didn't have to pay for shipping. Besides my not having to pay for shipping, I've lost a great vendor and support to candle making. I hope everyone doesn't mind my posting my woes...I suppose this was bound to happen eventually and I needed to share. (sigh) :undecided

I'll miss you Natural Artisan!

I'm totally bummed to say the least. Hoping I can pick up some wax and FO before they leave. I was totally shocked to hear it. They're moving onto bigger and better things though so that's a good thing! Just stinks for customers. LOL No idea where I'll get my C-3 now. Was nice to be able to buy it and pick it up with no shipping. Too good to be true. LOL ;)

Turn that frown upside down.... maybe you can stock up on clearance!:smiley2:

Does suck thou.... that is my major upsetment (that so isn't a word)... high shipping costs.

Luckily... Backwoods is down the street. So I can use them for wax and f/o. Jars on the other hand.... The Candlemakers Store in Ohio seems the closest. I placed an order last night, and shipping was nearly 1/3 of the total cost.

I to got the email from Laura about her going out of business. It was sad to get this information. And I wish her the best in her new endeavors. Below is the email I got. You will notice that there was NO mention of ANY reasons for her closing. No mention of cost.

Dear customer of The Natural Artisan,

After 5 years of business, we’ll soon be shutting down the operations of The Natural Artisan (including the Web site, TheNaturalArtisan.com). TNA has been a tremendously successful, rewarding endeavor for us, but we are heading off to new adventures. We can assure you that this is the only reason for our decision to cease this part of our business.

It is no exaggeration that many of you have become friends over these past years. It has been a real kick for me to watch the growth of your businesses in tandem with my own. We all know that there’s no handbook (still!) for making soy candles; yet, we’ve developed an impressive body of knowledge working together, sharing insights, tricks and tips with each other. That’s been one of the most gratifying parts of running TNA, the sharing that has gone on, in the spirit of advancing natural wax candlemaking.

TNA.com will be processing orders through mid-April. We’ve done our best to update the Web site with current inventory levels; we apologize in advance if we run out of something but will contact you as soon as possible if there are any problems.

All glassware orders will be for pick-up only, at our current facility in the mill in Gonic, NH. All remaining fragrance oils are being sold in 1# bottles only. We’ll stop taking orders at midnight, Sunday, April 20th, (existing orders will be shipping no later than Tuesday, April 22nd). All sales are final, thank you. At that point, we’ll be selling off our remaining inventory to another regional distributor. Please look for a follow-up email announcement regarding this partnership. We’re referring all future business to this distributor, as they have the reputation and ethics that give me the comfort that I’m handing all of you off to someone worthy of your patronage. From time to time, we’ll be selling additional inventory through our account on eBay, FYI.

I apologize if you’ve received multiple copies of this email. We aggregated the email addresses from multiple sources. I can assure you that your address has not been released or sold.

If you have any questions or any needs we can address, please, as always, don’t hesitate to be in touch. From the staff at Excellent Dog Enterprises LLC and from me, thank you very much for the privilege of serving you and getting to know you.

Warmest Regards,

Laura

Laura Mitrovich

President, The Natural Artisan

10 Main Street, Suite 108

Gonic, NH 03839

P. 603.926.2277 F. 866.379.8710

"A good, slow burn"

Yeah that's what I got too. I actually emailed her to let her know her dyes weren't up on the menu anymore, and she responded that an email is going out to customers soon. I really have to see what I can manage. I have an fo of hers I love, and of course will need c3 in the future so hope I can grab some before she leaves. Happy for her she's going onto better things. :)

It is sad to see another candle/soap supply company going out of business. I think that we all will see more of this with the prices of everything going up so much. Very sad:(

I wish them the best of luck with what ever they decide that they are going to do next.

I to got the email from Laura about her going out of business. It was sad to get this information. And I wish her the best in her new endeavors. Below is the email I got. You will notice that there was NO mention of ANY reasons for her closing. No mention of cost.

You are right, there was no mention of cost - in THAT email to her customers anyway. However, I correspond with Laura on a frequent basis and received a private email from her where this was mentioned. I'm not going to paste that communication here but no one can tell me that cost is not a factor for any of us nowadays with the cost of soy wax. If we're feeling the pinch, then certainly various suppliers will as well.

Yeah, I looked this morning and there was no c3 in sight.... I too wanted too scream!:shocked2:

I'd been planning on buying some and figured there was no hurry.... I was WRONG!!! Little did I know when I was dragging my feet that they were closing.

Kim

Tell me about it - screaming is right! I switched from CB135 to C3 so I could save on shipping. I'm still testing C3 but with little success. At this rate, I may consider going back to CB135 as after S&H it's a little cheaper than the next vendor with the C3. I did have better results with the CB135, but again, I was trying to be thrifty! Oh well - I wish TNA the best...(sigh).