Question to you Presto Pot users!

I bought 1 of the presto pots with a spigot off of ebay ~ I love it and it works great!:yay:

I showed it to my nephew and he said that he will make me all that I want ~ I told him to get started on at least 10 more :yay:

LOVE my presto with a spigot - tried it for awhile without & told my DH to get the stuff & install it - he did & never had a bit of trouble!! I pour into glass pyrex measuring cups to see the measure on the side & that has been working for me.....if the wax melts & when you open your spigot & it dont come out - i use my heat gun around the spigot & it will soon come out pouring; just make sure your holding something under the spigot(like your measuring cup)IF you have it turned on!

Forgot to add - I have 2 presto's with spigots; one i use for EZ SOY the other for my Feather Palm Wax.

Good Luck on what you decide!!

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com

I have 3 pots...one just got the spigot put on. The parts weren't that expensive, but find a drill bit large enough was a PITA. (I went by the size guide posted here, but maybe smaller would work) When we finally found a bit large enough, the shaft was too large to fit in our standard drill. Finally too the whole shebang to work and the maintenance guys drilled it for me on the press. Haven't had the chance to use it yet though.

If I didn't have 3 already, I'd buy it with the spigot already on there, most definitely! :tongue2:

I cannot pour it straight from the pot without a large amount of wax running down the side and all over the counter :( I've always dipped the wax out with a 2 cup Pyrex cup and never liked it much. Maybe because my work shop is in the garage but I always get dust and such(dang tiny spiders LOVE making webs in there:rolleyes2 ) in my wax (I live in the boonies on a dirt road...lol). Ladling the wax out stirs the mess up in the wax and then it needs filtered. With the spigot in my turkey fryer it all stays settled to the bottom so now my presto can too! :yay:

Satin Ducky - If you will take an old pair of hose - as in panty - and cut off a small piece of it and wrap it around the spigot and just tie it in a knot, it filters the wax perfectly. When the pouring slows up it is time to change. I keep an old pair of panty hose in drawer where my pots are and works like a charm. I keep them on everything :cool2:

Don't even think about putting a spigot on your presto pot. I had my husband put one in and only used it once. It's so easy to pour out into your pouring pot rather than stand there and wait for the wax to come out the spigot!! DON'T DO IT!!

We never had ours fitted with the spigot...just pick up the pot and pour. It probably isn't the safest way to do it, but so far so good...:rolleyes2

If the pot is really full, I just use a metal measuring cup to ladle it out.

I got mine with the spigot allready instaled on E bay and I love the thing! My was even used and still works great. Having just dumped hot wax all over my hand tonight as a mater of fact, I think I will keep my hands clear and use the spigot. I can just imagin what my clumsy butt would do with a ladel or trying to por the wax out of a full pot!:P