WOW! Palm price up 100% Now $2.25/lb?

I knew it would go up, but that high? I used to get it for $1.05/lb. I pick up from a local supplier to save on shipping, but wow.... I just paid $125 dollars for a 55lb bag of container palm. I think I need to price around.. Sorry, that knocked me off my feet today.

*faint*

Any ideas?

I've been using the container palm from Calwax. I decided to try the IGI palm from Let it Shine. They have a warehouse in CA, and can ship to me cheaper than going to pick up from Calwax now.. Hopefully it compares and burns and throws the same. Not looking forward to the testing all over again. :tongue2:

Anyone else use the IGI 2322? That is the same exact wax as CS glass glow, right?

Yes, you're right. They do have great waxes. And were nice enough to work with a little guy like me to get me started. I'm sure financially they were more interested in private label contracts...

I understand little price hikes, but doubling? I don't want to do that. I value my customers too much, and wouldn't want to have to pass that big of an expense hike on to them.

Anyway, It'll be nice to have my wax come to my door now...

I also spoke with Pete at Swans, who recently opened in CA, and he was very helpful too. So I have some affordable options! Options are good.

Maybe CS just got a new shipment and their cost went up. As the rest of the suppliers order new shipments of wax, then they may follow with a price increase too.:tongue2:

It happened with C-3.

One supplier raised prices when he got a new shipment of C-3 and he had to pay higher prices for it. As the other suppliers got their new shipment of waxes, their C-3 Prices and Soy 415 went up.:(