Sample packaging for lotion and liquid soap?

Kangaroo Blue and WSP both sell these.

I will state this, for what it's worth. They are labor intensive for a one use packaging idea/concept. I used them for a while, but honestly, not worth the trouble. I've had much better success with samples using a 1 or 2 oz bottle for these two items. Especially purse-friendly lotion samples.

I'll agree, those packets are a pain in my opinion. I too use bottles, but use 1/2 ozers for samples. They are pretty darn cheap, look nice and professional and definetly are easier to make just a couple here and there. When you do the packets, it seems its only worthwhile if you are going to do say 100 at a time of a single scent. But I usually make samples when I'm making batch of lotion or whatever and have just an oz or 2 left and are then able to fill just a couple bottles, labels them and put them in my sample cabinet. The foils are so touchy, if you get any liquid in the area you are sealing, it won't seal. Its just a mess to me.... :angry2:

I bought those and tried to use them and couldn't get the hang of filling them without a mess:( I use 1 oz bottles that work great for lotion, soap and bath oils.

I still have those little packages and I am thinking the only thing I could use them for would be something powdered like clay. The larger foil packages are much easier to handle:cheesy2:

I got mine from the Scent Works.........and they are a PITA!!! I did boby butter samples in them for my WS Gift Mart show last week. The lotions I used the little 1oz malibus and people just loved them....they felt I was really giving them something cool cause they could throw it in their purse! And the really cool thing was I gave little soap samples (in those little jewelry bags) with my business card attached and the little 1 oz lotion sample and the next day I had people coming back and saying...I got one of your soap and lotion samples yesterday and i tried it last night and OMG we love it so we are back to order for our store. It is well worth the expense to put them out there!!

I got mine from the Scent Works.........and they are a PITA!!! I did boby butter samples in them for my WS Gift Mart show last week. The lotions I used the little 1oz malibus and people just loved them....they felt I was really giving them something cool cause they could throw it in their purse! And the really cool thing was I gave little soap samples (in those little jewelry bags) with my business card attached and the little 1 oz lotion sample and the next day I had people coming back and saying...I got one of your soap and lotion samples yesterday and i tried it last night and OMG we love it so we are back to order for our store. It is well worth the expense to put them out there!!

Kymber when you say jewelry bags are you talking about the organza type bags or another type? I would like to see what you're talking about.

Kymber when you say jewelry bags are you talking about the organza type bags or another type? I would like to see what you're talking about.

No they are just the little ziplock type bags. I buy them at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry section....I think they come in packs of 100.

After posting that comment I was forced to take a closer look at those little packages and realized I could actually do it without any mess. I don't scent my lotion so pumping it straight from the gallon would be easy.

I must have had a million things on my mind when I played with those bags. I still like the bottles for LS.:) In addition to soaping, guess what else I'll be doing this weekend:)

:tiptoe: