Wally's soy candles

Was at Wally's World yesterday and saw that they now carry a soy candle. I think it was 12 oz in glass with a wood lid...something like $8.88. Only had about 5-6 scents and I didn't take the time to actually smell them all, but I did open 4 to find ugly tops on most. Wally you're killing me!:(

Yeah... well, it's bound to happen, but Wally World ain't gonna kill me! Their candles are not hand poured and don't come with all the stuff that ours do - like the quality ingredients, variety of fragrances and customer care that shows that people give a crap about their products. Comparing handmade items to mass-produced ones is like comparing my Mom's lasagna to Sam's Choice. :rolleyes2

They say pure soy, but who knows, I didn't spend enough time really looking at the label cuz I forgot my glasses...lol!! The average consumer in my neck of the woods could care less if they are hand poured or mass produced...they just want a good price and a perfect candle to boot!

I too saw that Wally's is carrying a new line, and while it looked like soy to me, I didn't see "pure soy" or any mention of soy on the label. And yes, they did look horrible so of all things, I chuckled to myself and walked away while watching various people in the aisle toss parrafin candles into their carts instead.

Off topic - $8.88 is such an odd price to pay for a candle. :rolleyes2

All of their prices are odd! :P

I too saw that Wally's is carrying a new line, and while it looked like soy to me, I didn't see "pure soy" or any mention of soy on the label. And yes, they did look horrible so of all things, I chuckled to myself and walked away while watching various people in the aisle toss parrafin candles into their carts instead.

All of their prices are odd! :P

Yeah, they have that down...just enough under the next dollar amount to make you think you're paying less! I had such a bad experience there yesterday that I'm staying away for a while...unless that soy candle lures me back in! I'm feeling the need to buy one, I'm not even sure why! LOL!! Maybe tomorrow it will pass.

That is a marketing thing I learned about in a class the last time I was in college... supposedly people will buy more if the price ends in 88 or 77... can't remember the reason why, but it sure seems to have worked! :)

They say pure soy, but who knows, I didn't spend enough time really looking at the label cuz I forgot my glasses...lol!! The average consumer in my neck of the woods could care less if they are hand poured or mass produced...they just want a good price and a perfect candle to boot!

Ain't that the truth! I had a person at one of my shows going on and on about how they used to buy their candles at Wally World - they just LOVED them - but they stopped carrying the brand she liked.....oh, brother!!

People are FINALLY telling us that they see the difference between our candles and the ones they used to buy. They truly did not care about that at the time they were buying them...they just liked the smell...but now they appreciate the no soot, long burning, fragrance WHILE burning, etc. Sure takes them awhile...lol...but, better late than never!!

I actually bought one several months ago out of curiosity and because the jar was REALLY cute and the candle was $6 (prolly $5.88) so I figured if the candle sucked I could melt it out and reuse the jar.

The label said it was hand poured in the USA. Mine is triple layered pretty colors with some various apple scents. The throw is so-so hot, cold decent. It has burned with a perfect melt pool, even though the wick is pretty off-center.

BUT, this thing smokes like crazy! Yikes. When it burns - black smoke. If you blow it out - black smoke for like 10 minutes - no joke! That pretty jar is covered in black soot.

I also think it's a parasoy for sure. 50/50 or even more para than that. The melt point is HIGH and there is NO frosting, no chunky weird tops upon re-harden.

Nope, no worries, it's cheap junk.

Now those Beanp*d, I actually like those and sometimes even buy them for a scent I can't find a dupe for. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me now...:tiptoe:

Went to pick up a prescription today and the candles were gone...so I asked about them and they were in the clearance aisle for $5.00 so I guess soy didn't go over at Wally's! I bought one, it's made in the USA..I'll take some pics later.

Went to pick up a prescription today and the candles were gone...so I asked about them and they were in the clearance aisle for $5.00 so I guess soy didn't go over at Wally's! I bought one, it's made in the USA..I'll take some pics later.

Well that was quick! I'm surprised they didn't clearance price it for $5.55 :P You'll have to let us know how it burns for you.

They must have had them for a while, but not in the regular candle aisle and I never saw them until last week. Anyway here's the pics...if they uploaded right! The candle is made by HCC Brands, Hanna's Candles who makes the Kathy Ireland candles now. This line must have been made strictly for Wally's

post-7000-13945844527_thumb.jpg

post-7000-139458445273_thumb.jpg

post-7000-139458445275_thumb.jpg

Well that price tag looks like a roll back price. They must not be selling well or something. And OMG the tops aren't perfect. Good to see they're made in the USA though. Let us know how it burns. Looks pretty big and the wick might not clear the sides off. Who knows though. Will be interesting to hear how it does. :)

It's 20 ounces so bigger than I thought...the weight and company info is on the caution label underneath...too small to get a good pic of it. Clearance, that's why $5. I picked the Beach scent, mostly because I'm looking for a good ocean scent...this isn't one of them!! Another one that smells like hair products. I wasn't real impressed with any of the scents available, which may be why they didn't sell?? I'll light it tomorrow and let it burn for a while. It feels soft like it's all soy, but it could have some paraffin in it...label doesn't really say. It does say that the wick has no metal or lead, if I had to guess, I'd say it's either CD or a Cotton core.

And OMG the tops aren't perfect.
How COULD they be when the company is pouring a zillion candles a month to supply WALMART? *faint*
Good to see they're made in the USA though.
Rare for WallyWorld merchandise for sure! That almost makes them collectible, doesn't it?:laugh2:

Well that's why their clearance then, because those tops aren't perfect!!! They need to get rid of their qc dept! :laugh2:

Beach Scent...hmm you'd think that would be fresh out like for summer, unless they've been on the shelves there since last year maybe? I was at walmart yesterday and I couldn't find them. Maybe mine cleared them to another section too at the same time. LOL

Yeah, collectible item you have there KandleKrazy! LOL Save that sticker on there to prove it really came from Walmart!! LOL :laugh2:

You can find stuff made in USA there, but it's never the most obvious and it's hard. I've been doing it lately. Stinks because you need to look through like 100 things before you find USA. I have bought a candle there that was usa made though. It's those white enamel looking candles. The wax in them is weird. It almost feels like soy, but it doesn't say it's soy. I'd swear it is though. Like 4 inch diameter and it's double wicked. Not too great a throw but you can smell them a little. I still like mine better. ;)

All these beach and ocean scents that I've come across so far smell weird...nothing like the ocean or beach! I live at the beach so I know what the air smells like here...(or is that smog I'm smelling?) Maybe I need to look for a good smog scent!