Ohio Soapers, where do you get lye

If any of you are going to be at the Ohio Soapers Gathering in April we are going to provide delivery of prepaid orders for lye there. 5 lbs or 50 lbs.

HTH,

Glo

She's right! I'm buying 50 from her. Yippee!

Ana, you should try to attend. It's a blast and you learn so much.

You could shoot right up Rt. 71!

Really' date=' where is it? Can I still attend even though I am techinically not really a soaper? Just a newbie.[/quote']

Of course you can! Everyone is welcome! We would love to meet you. You can also bring a friend if you would like. There will be vendors there to buy goodies from and very informative demos.

I'm giving 2 demos this year. One on no cook liquid soap and one on crockpot hp goat's milk soap.

Here is the link for signing up. The deadline is getting really close. So sign up really soon.

www.ohiosoapers.com

You need to email Kim Craigs with sign up information.

I have little ones and I know there was a place online that sold their lye in child-proof plastic containers! For the life of me I can't remember what company this was. :confused: Could someone refresh my tired old memory please :o ?

Was it Boyer maybe?

You can also try companies that make car wash soap. That's where I get mine.

Thanks for this tip! Care to share what company you use around here? The last time I tried to buy lye locally I practically had to give them my first born before they let me get a 50 pounder. It took him a week and a half of verification, checking my tax ID and all that before he let me buy it, meanwhile I have soap orders pouring out the kazoo that needed to be done.

I do not plan on going back there again. The entire experience left me feeling really perturbed. I used to buy it so easily in Florida without a blink of an eye. Show tax id, drivers license, lye in the back of my truck all within 10 minutes.

I have little ones and I know there was a place online that sold their lye in child-proof plastic containers! For the life of me I can't remember what company this was. :confused: Could someone refresh my tired old memory please :o ?

AAA-chemicals sells it in individual containers, and I believe he lets you pick child-safe (I think!!!)

Of course you can! Everyone is welcome! We would love to meet you. You can also bring a friend if you would like. There will be vendors there to buy goodies from and very informative demos.

I'm giving 2 demos this year. One on no cook liquid soap and one on crockpot hp goat's milk soap.

Here is the link for signing up. The deadline is getting really close. So sign up really soon.

www.ohiosoapers.com

You need to email Kim Craigs with sign up information.

Here's a question! Is it $30 per person or can my husband tag along as well? I just signed up:tongue2: You had me at "50 pound bags of lye will be available for purchase."

Thanks for this tip! Care to share what company you use around here? The last time I tried to buy lye locally I practically had to give them my first born before they let me get a 50 pounder. It took him a week and a half of verification, checking my tax ID and all that before he let me buy it, meanwhile I have soap orders pouring out the kazoo that needed to be done.

I do not plan on going back there again. The entire experience left me feeling really perturbed. I used to buy it so easily in Florida without a blink of an eye. Show tax id, drivers license, lye in the back of my truck all within 10 minutes.

Well the one I used is called Wilcox Sales from Mansfield. They deliver it to me for $66 for the lye and everything. Used to be $56 but now they add a $10 fuel charge. At the Ohio Soaper's conference Backwoods Fragrance is offering it for $54 for 50 lbs. and they will deliver it to the gathering.

Well the one I used is called Wilcox Sales from Mansfield. They deliver it to me for $66 for the lye and everything. Used to be $56 but now they add a $10 fuel charge. At the Ohio Soaper's conference Backwoods Fragrance is offering it for $54 for 50 lbs. and they will deliver it to the gathering.

Thanks, checking them out as I am almost out:smiley2: