Need help with Hot Oil Treatment

jenniejr

My oldest daughter has decided that I am STUPID!! (nothing new)

She has colored her hair black, then tried to lighten it, then used a hair color remover, then colored it blonde ..... which turned orange and then permed it!!! All in 6 weeks time!! I kept advising her not to and told her of all the downfalls, but she didn't listen. She just kept telling me that her friends already did the same thing and it worked fine. NOT!! I know better.

Needless to say, her hair is FRIED!! So I am wanting to make something like the VO5 hot oil treatments for her.

Anybody have any ideas on how to make it?

All help is greatly appreciated!! ;)

tia

Poor thing! Maybe next time, she'll listen (yeah right if she's like mine!).

Coconut (or monoi) and shea make a nice treatment. It's a little rough to get out (but my hair is fine) so it works best as an overnight leave in.

LOL!! I doubt she will EVER really listen to me! :waiting:

Thanks for the help :)

I would kindly inform her that you are far too "stupid" to help her fix her hair :tongue2:

I have been contemplating telling her that as she has had a HORRIBLE ATTITUDE with me lately!!

I am about to tell her that her sweet 16 gift from me is EMANCIPATION!!!!! :angry2: Then she can go make her own rules in her own house and live however the hell she wants! Then when she doesn't get her own way, or something goes wrong ..... she only has herself to blame! UGH ...

That's why the dear Lord only gave me boys. Only enough room for 1 hen in this house - ME!

I make a hot oil treatment that my stylist orders for herself & other clients regularly.

I make this in 32 ounce batches - you can use this to re-size as needed - http://recipes.herbalsoapsbyrj.com/calculators/batch-percentage.php

jojoba oil - 50%

coconut oil - 10%

shea butter -10%

broccoli oil - 10%

grapeseed oil - 10%

panthenol - 5%

palm oil - 5% (the red stuff)

cromoist - 2%

monoi - 2%

If I have any on hand I add 2% coconut creme as well.

I plunk all this into a large metal mixing bowl and set it over a pot of low-boiling water. Melt it all down, whisk well - bottle it (do not put the top on) and let it cool. Once cool I will cap it.

To use - I simply drop the bottle into a sink of hot water, shake well and apply liberally to dry, unwashed hair. Put on a plastic shower cap, then a turban towel. Leave on for at least 20 minutes. I schedule doing this when I know I will not have to 'do' my hair for a few days. I leave it on for an hour. Hop in the shower, rinse the oils, lightly shampoo. Done.

I'd venture to guess that her hair is gonna drink this right up. I do the treatments about once a month. She'll need it probably once a week til the hair starts to grow some and she can cut off the stuff she fried.

The results I have are super sleek, shiny hair that looks and feels really healthy. So soft in fact I can't do anything with it for a day or so, lol. But - I do regular high & low lights in my hair, blow dry, hot iron or curl my hair and lots of styling products. Since using this treatment I get no split ends & very healthy looking hair.

Good luck!

I have been contemplating telling her that as she has had a HORRIBLE ATTITUDE with me lately!!

I am about to tell her that her sweet 16 gift from me is EMANCIPATION!!!!! :angry2: Then she can go make her own rules in her own house and live however the hell she wants! Then when she doesn't get her own way, or something goes wrong ..... she only has herself to blame! UGH ...

OMGs going through the same thing and I can't remember being as selfish with my Mom . Of course we had our ups and downs but

nothing like this .....I hope LOL ...hmmm may need to call her today for my annual apology for any and all wrong doing I may or may not have done ..

Teenage girls sheesh!

That's why the dear Lord only gave me boys. Only enough room for 1 hen in this house - ME!

I make a hot oil treatment that my stylist orders for herself & other clients regularly.

I make this in 32 ounce batches - you can use this to re-size as needed - http://recipes.herbalsoapsbyrj.com/calculators/batch-percentage.php

jojoba oil - 50%

coconut oil - 10%

shea butter -10%

broccoli oil - 10%

grapeseed oil - 10%

panthenol - 5%

palm oil - 5% (the red stuff)

cromoist - 2%

monoi - 2%

If I have any on hand I add 2% coconut creme as well.

I plunk all this into a large metal mixing bowl and set it over a pot of low-boiling water. Melt it all down, whisk well - bottle it (do not put the top on) and let it cool. Once cool I will cap it.

To use - I simply drop the bottle into a sink of hot water, shake well and apply liberally to dry, unwashed hair. Put on a plastic shower cap, then a turban towel. Leave on for at least 20 minutes. I schedule doing this when I know I will not have to 'do' my hair for a few days. I leave it on for an hour. Hop in the shower, rinse the oils, lightly shampoo. Done.

I'd venture to guess that her hair is gonna drink this right up. I do the treatments about once a month. She'll need it probably once a week til the hair starts to grow some and she can cut off the stuff she fried.

The results I have are super sleek, shiny hair that looks and feels really healthy. So soft in fact I can't do anything with it for a day or so, lol. But - I do regular high & low lights in my hair, blow dry, hot iron or curl my hair and lots of styling products. Since using this treatment I get no split ends & very healthy looking hair.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing this with me!! I will have to get some of those ingredients and give it a try!! Again ... THANKS!! You're the best! :D

OMGs going through the same thing and I can't remember being as selfish with my Mom . Of course we had our ups and downs but

nothing like this .....I hope LOL ...hmmm may need to call her today for my annual apology for any and all wrong doing I may or may not have done ..

Teenage girls sheesh!

I do the same thing!! LOL

Every time I call my Mom, she say's "Who did what this time??" :tongue2: And of course I go thru my apology ritual again!!

Wow...deja vu! I just dyed my daughter's hair last night (15 years). She wanted it a lighter brown. I have the whole attitude thing going on...although she does apologize after she snaps out of it.

I have to agree with Coco--this generation seems so much worse than I ever dared to act around my parents. I usually try and keep it in check by taking away privileges (phone, computer, cell, etc) but it takes several days before the three-headed monster disappears and my REAL daughter emerges :(